Just some tune tips make it run smooth

PilotDave

I like making things work right On my Model 50 initially it would not feed correctly THANKS to this forum I made the firing pin fix, polished the bolt face etc When using reloads I noticed a few failures of the trigger to fire the hammer The cartridge's by, a few ( mm?) would not seat fully into the chambers preventing the bolt - hammer to fall into place I removed the barrel, soaked the chambers in nitro solvent, then polished chamber and feed ramp Now runs flawless Basic maintenance - sure but sometimes overlooked

post-262618-0-39220100-1649000212_thumb.jpg

post-262618-0-06881200-1649000265_thumb.jpg

Great Tip thanks,,,, When ever mine gets released I have a NFA smith that I want to go thru the gun and do the mods that help it run right. So far so good.

It is easy to remove the barrel ?? without anything special needed? Would be great if it does.

i called the dealer holding the gun and he advised me that since the check was cashed july 7 2021 the Forms are coming back around May or July. I should have waited for the e forum's to be in effect I would have had the gun by now.

From dealer to dealer transfer and my waiting period I have been waiting a year and half to take the gun home since I paid for it. It took 5 1/2 months for approval to ship it to my states dealer. I think the original dealer used the wrong form (4) for the transfer. But here is the deal !!! I found out later that the shipping dealer got in big trouble with ATF for some illegal acts involving MGs and running them thru a PD for purchase etc. The owner went to prison for some time frame and his wife is running the store. I bet ATF checked out my transfer from them very closely because of their past issue,,, a dealer to dealer transfer should not take that long,,I have been advised anyway.

My barrel easily unscrewed from the receiver after the entire action was removed from the stock. Suggest you watch forgotten weapons youtube video on filed stripping Very good video These are simple easy to shoot firearms. I am reloading 45 ACp for about 15 cents a round using lubed cast bullets Beigest expense are the primers ! I would like to learn if all barrels are so easy to unscrew No pins etc to retain in place for the head space ???

That feedramp did certainly look rough.

Not sure if my barrel screwed off easily. I never tried. I'll try next time I do some maintenance to it, which might be soon. Last time I took it out, it fired pretty good, but one time it did a strange pause/lull in the shooting like something delayed it. It was strange to see in the video since I'm sure I didn't pause the trigger pull.