Fair price for a virgin Swedish K tube?

Mojopin2010

I have a "L" series gun put together by Andrewski and sold thru Recon Ordnance. The welds were dressed when assembled and it is a most excellent gun. Very smooth shooting and 100% reliable. One of my favorite weapons. I traded a Vector Uzi and 1K cash for it many years ago.

I too own "L" series Recon Ordnance/Andrewski builds and both (one is a Port Said kit build, the other is a Swedish K kit build) are very nicely done, excellent quality and super shooters. As I noted before and earlier, it would be best to stay away from "M" series tube guns. 

54 minutes ago, Rekraps said:

I too own "L" series Recon Ordnance/Andrewski builds and both (one is a Port Said kit build, the other is a Swedish K kit build) are very nicely done, excellent quality and super shooters. As I noted before and earlier, it would be best to stay away from "M" series tube guns. 

Please elaborate...I (and I'm sure others) would like to know the foundation of this.  I've been around long enough and seen it play out several times...when someone points out an issue (good or bad) but won't provide explanation, it's typically hype or someone trying to pump their gun for an ad that's about to be created.  Are we about to see "K" ads now that laud the superiority of the "L" tube?

On 10/10/2022 at 10:27 AM, JJX said:

I never heard of a bad batch of Wilson tubes. I have seen “L” and “MB” prefixes that worked perfectly. I was told they were from different runs with slightly different construction. I know that some started out as a straight tube and then had the side rails welded on and the welds are very obvious. Others might have been shaped from one piece or the welds were cleaned up to make it look like one piece.

Neither had I.  I had a Wilson "MB" prefix tube gun that came out of the Stembridge collection long ago.  It was always perfect with sticks, coffins or drums.

20 hours ago, hkg3k said:

Please elaborate...I (and I'm sure others) would like to know the foundation of this.  I've been around long enough and seen it play out several times...when someone points out an issue (good or bad) but won't provide explanation, it's typically hype or someone trying to pump their gun for an ad that's about to be created.  Are we about to see "K" ads now that laud the superiority of the "L" tube?

Neither had I.  I had a Wilson "MB" prefix tube gun that came out of the Stembridge collection long ago.  It was always perfect with sticks, coffins or drums.

Not pumping my guns for an ad. Not selling at all. You may want to consider that in addition to how a unit looks optically, there is the underlying metallurgy related to the material used to form/fabricate the tubes. 

33 minutes ago, Rekraps said:

You may want to consider that in addition to how a unit looks optically, there is the underlying metallurgy related to the material used to form/fabricate the tubes. 

Specifics?  As it pertains to "MB" prefix Wilson "K" tubes?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting topic in this thread on Swedish K tube gun prices while I agree some are overpriced ( at the moment) I would even use the term Insane as Got Uzi mentions

But……….

when I bought my Wilson L tube Swedish K NFA item I was told by a multitude of people I was paying too much at……….12k

and maybe I was at the Time but my Mantra on a gun I want is “ I didn’t pay too much, I just bought early”

there is not a gun I bought from Ruben that I paid a premium for that has not passed that Initial purchase price in time.

Edited by azboater

On 11/4/2022 at 3:59 PM, azboater said:

Interesting topic in this thread on Swedish K tube gun prices while I agree some are overpriced ( at the moment) I would even use the term Insane as Got Uzi mentions

But……….

when I bought my Wilson L tube Swedish K NFA item I was told by a multitude of people I was paying too much at……….12k

and maybe I was at the Time but my Mantra on a gun I want is “ I didn’t pay too much, I just bought early”

there is not a gun I bought from Ruben that I paid a premium for that has not passed that Initial purchase price in time.

Agree. And... there are very few "K" that ever come to market. If i did not already own two, I'd get it. Very good guns, run super well and look awesome. I've bought twice from Ruben and have had the same experience.

• 1 month later...

One of the great things about meeting people in this business and being on the Forum is the ability to ask questions, gather data and if appropriate, offer advice. Another is admitting if you made a mistake and correcting that mistake. 

Yesterday I spoke with John Andrewski, whom we all acknowledge (along with his now deceased Father) as experts in the MG world. John and his father assembled ALL of the "L" series and "MB" series Swedisk K's and so, as an owner of two of the "L" series I asked him about the "MB" series and my concern about the quality of the tube. 

His response was that the "L"'s and the "MB"s, while using different types of tube assemblies were both quality guns (structurally), but the "MB" guns did not have as nice of an appearance due to the Wilson stamping (poor) and some weld beads. 

So, I retract my earlier concerns and statements about the "MB" series. John knows.

On 12/12/2022 at 6:57 AM, BPinFL said:

Do your numbers include the Wilson built guns?  They have an L prefix in the serial numbers. How about the Pearl built guns? They look exceptional to me, with a bent trigger frame, No weld beads! BP

The "L" series are all Wilson tubes built by Andrewski.