New Book Series - The Thompson Encyclopedia

Just released and available immediately on Amazon.com - The Thompson Encyclopedia - Volume 1. Yes, this is just Volume 1 of what will be a multi-volume set. I have personalized copies available for $ 135 plus $ 10 for shipping. PM me for details.

If you like the Thompson submachine gun, commonly referred to as the Tommy Gun, this is a book for you. Volume 1 of a soon to be released multi-volume set of covers the history of the Thompson gun from the very beginnings, when the Auto-Ordnance Corporation was just a proposal by General Thompson to Thomas Fortune Ryan, until right before World War II. Every detail during these 20 plus years, every facet, every event, is explored in depth by several authors well known in the Thompson community. The continual research efforts and writings by Tracie Hill, William Menosky, Sutton Coffman, Patrick Jung, Ken Smith-Christmas and Tom Davis, Jr. are included in Volume 1. New stories and past articles with updated information make Volume 1 the current authority on the Thompson gun today. 500 plus pages coupled with hundreds of pictures of new information on General Thompson, George Goll, Theodore Eickhoff, Oscar Payne, E.E. Richardson and many others whose contributions made the Thompson gun the most illustrious submachine gun in the world.

This is a must have book for the Thompson enthusiasts library! And remember, it is only Volume 1. More history and information on the iconic Thompson submachine gun is in the works. Volume 1 is only the beginning.

You can also order through Amazon and even browse through a few pages of the new book.

The Thompson Encyclopedia: Volume One: Hill, Tracie Lynn, Menosky, William G., Coffman, B. Sutton, Davis Jr., Tom, Smith-Christmas, Ken L., Jung, Patrick J.: 9798787971262: Amazon.com: Books

final cover vol 1 8-31-22.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I received my copy from Tracie today. I started reading and so far it’s a great read. 
Frank

I just finished reading my copy and I can say that it was very informative. The authors did a great job in giving a different perspective on the making of the Thompson.

I can't wait on the next volume. Thanks to all involved in this project.

Frank

Edited by Gio

Good afternoon Tracey. Today I received my copy of your new Thompson Encyclopedia book. I have started it already, and I am enjoying it.

One question, how soon do you think it will be before the next volume comes out? 

Thanks for doing this work, it really does help a new collector like me, and just adds to the Thompson story.
Take care,
Mark

Volume two should be out by year's end. Volume 3 is currently being built, but it will

be some time yet.

I am working as fast as I can it just is more complicated that most think.

Glad you like the first one. Still awaiting my main order of books. so if you have an order in with

me please be patient.

Tracie

• Like 1

Tracie don't work too fast, some of us are still raising cash for the first edition, it is on my Christmas list... volume 2 will be on a birthday list.... I'll need  to buy a new book case too, the hardcopy version of 'Thompson Submachine Gun Magazines: 1917-2021: Feeding The Dragon For Over A Century', that Roger was kind enough to send to me has filled my current book case. 😕

Stay safe

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Just in time for Christmas. Maybe I can get Amy to buy me for Christmas instead of coal.

Frank

Received volume 2 today and started reading  I’ll give my review when I finish reading it  

Edited by Gio
Update

10 hours ago, Gio said:

Just in time for Christmas. Maybe I can get Amy to buy me for Christmas instead of coal.

Frank

Elaine, my wife, is buying me volume 1 for Christmas, I think 🤔 So volume 2 will have to be a birthday gift.....volume 3 ??

12 minutes ago, rpbcps said:

Elaine, my wife, is buying me volume 1 for Christmas, I think 🤔 So volume 2 will have to be a birthday gift.....volume 3 ??

You can buy volume 3 for your weeding anniversary. That should go over big 

Frank

19 hours ago, Gio said:

You can buy volume 3 for your weeding anniversary. That should go over big 

Frank

Will it be ready for the 31st August? 🤣😂

• 3 weeks later...

Got Volume 2 this week. This volume has to do a lot with the Thompson association with gangsters and law enforcement. There was a lot that I've read in other books and articles. However there is new material that I hadn't seen before and it's nice to have it all in one book.

I enjoyed the last chapter concerning the sale of AOC after Ryan died. I'm sure volume 3 will have the rest of the story.

I enjoyed this volume and looking forward to volume 3.

Frank