Detachable butt stock (I am old and confused)

As long as you do not change the barrel from a 16" to the 10.5" barrel then you do not need a tax stamp. The buttstock kit has nothing to do with a tax stamp. The barrel swap does and that is classified as an SBR and you need your tax stamp then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you decide to change Buttstocks, look around for a Buttstock Conversion Kits with 6 screws rather than 4 screws for a tighter hold. Also look for a good Gunsmith that can remove/ Mill off the Fixed Screws points and Drill and Tap  for the Conversion Plate needed.

I had this done a around 10 years ago. For awhile it was hard to find the Hardware, the  slide with Button needed for the Detachable Buttstock.....Sarco had advertised repros years ago. Butt Plates were also in short supply then....but check around with companies like Numrich, Apex, etc

Edited by jojeep

You can try Las Cruces Gunsmith, for the parts and/or installation. I, however, would recommend Dan Block, Deerslayer on this forum, for the actual work, if not the parts, too. He does excellent work, but often has a waiting list. He is also very quick to respond. Simply drop him a personal message through the forum. He also does a variety of different stocks for other firearms, as well, including the BAR.

V/R Karl, 68coupe

On 12/23/2022 at 9:11 AM, 68coupe said:

You can try Las Cruces Gunsmith, for the parts and/or installation. I, however, would recommend Dan Block, Deerslayer on this forum, for the actual work, if not the parts, too. He does excellent work, but often has a waiting list. He is also very quick to respond. Simply drop him a personal message through the forum. He also does a variety of different stocks for other firearms, as well, including the BAR.

V/R Karl, 68coupe

Yeah I've been waiting for a year and a half for my lower to come back from Las Cruse. Super great guy and I'm not too much in a rush. He was saying he was having trouble converting over because it was an aluminum lower.

I would've love to have had it back before Christmas. But probably should've went Dan Block.

And I still have to pay the full price, I've been working my way through donor lowers and part kits until I can get it back.

Might just buy another 1927A1 too shoot. I miss mine haha.

I'm also on the waiting end with Las Cruces for some M1921 controls. I ordered them in the beginning of August and was promised that they would be here in time for Christmas, but they didn't make it. He sounds like a nice guy from the times that I have called for progress updates on the parts, so I don't worry much about getting them but it sure would be nice to finally complete my display gun sooner rather than later.