Hey guys, my M76 started to act up today (not firing full auto) so I took the gun apart completely and the sear is perfect, sharp edges and shiny, spring is as new.. The end of the trigger bar that holds down the sear in FA is slightly rounded, allowing the sear to disengage and stop the firing. At least that's my take on this matter.

Does anyone out there have the trigger and trigger bar assembly?

Either way it has to go to Andrewski as it is riveted in place.

Andrewski does this repair all the time on the 76 and clones.  He will weld up the worn tip, machine it to spec and case harden it.  Don't ask how I know this.  This was the reason I was going to make a replacement trigger bar (and a removable pivot pin to replace the rivet) from steel bar stock.  Then I got smart and sold the POS.

Check your email

Edited by StrangeRanger

8 hours ago, StrangeRanger said:

Andrewski does this repair all the time on the 76 and clones.  He will weld up the worn tip, machine it to spec and case harden it.  Don't ask how I know this.  This was the reason I was going to make a replacement trigger bar (and a removable pivot pin to replace the rivet) from steel bar stock.  Then I got smart and sold the POS.

Check your email

I did and thank you, as always. He described the repair exactly as you note and also said he does 20+ per year. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having extractor issues.  Off to Andrewski tomorrow!

When you partner with John A, there is no such thing as negotiation on price. Send him the item (after speaking with him via phone) and let him do his thing. 

He will never take advantage of you. 

• 2 weeks later...

So John Andrewski called me on the way home from test firing my repaired 76. The ejector was worn down causing stove-pipes and receiver shell jams. The process he uses to repair this particular fault is to repair / rebuild and heat treat the ejector from inside the receiver. Cutting the welds and rewelding the ejector into place would require refinishing of the gun and of course that is out of the question. John completed the repair in one day and has of course, done many of these. 

If you mention my name, John will give you a special price.... full price. Ha! 

John also test fired my SA Machine (Scott Andrey) replacement bolt and it works just fine. His only comment on the SA bolt was that the extractor (it is new) was causing variable case ejection patterns. He suggested that I replace the SA extractor with an OEM (S&W) one to cure the issue.

So as a matter of maintenance on the 76, the two most likely areas of need are the trigger bar and ejector.  Once fixed, she runs like a champ.

Another great encounter with one of the best in the business.