Volunteer Enterprise Commando Mark III Parts

Hey folks, not sure if this is the right sub forum, but I'll give it a go.

I'm currently working on a Volunteer Enterprise Commando Mark III for a customer. It has a broken extractor and is missing the firing pin spring (it showed up to me as a bag of parts). I'm having a hard time finding replacements and was hoping someone here could point me in the right directions. Thanks.

I'll give it a go....  First, You will probably fare better on the sister Semi Auto Thompson forum which is dedicated to/for semi auto Thompson guns and the like.  With that said, The Commando Mark III is a "neat" gun but pretty much a novelty, the "highpoint" of its day but worse.  Numrich Gun Parts used to have a large number of parts but not so now.  You might try a site called -Everygunpart- , they might have a cut up parts kit for one.  EBay is another.  There really couldn't be a worse firearm to hunt parts down for, you'll probably have to craft, fabricate or modify some similar part(s)  to work.  Good Luck To You Sir, JB

On 8/25/2023 at 9:34 PM, thirtyround said:

I'll give it a go....  First, You will probably fare better on the sister Semi Auto Thompson forum which is dedicated to/for semi auto Thompson guns and the like.  With that said, The Commando Mark III is a "neat" gun but pretty much a novelty, the "highpoint" of its day but worse.  Numrich Gun Parts used to have a large number of parts but not so now.  You might try a site called -Everygunpart- , they might have a cut up parts kit for one.  EBay is another.  There really couldn't be a worse firearm to hunt parts down for, you'll probably have to craft, fabricate or modify some similar part(s)  to work.  Good Luck To You Sir, JB

It really is a surprisingly terrible gun, just from the general built quality I'd almost be afraid to fire anything through it. The owner has a lot of sentimental value with it though. The parts hunt has been a nightmare so far, all of the usual sources have dried up and the few demilled kits around are astoundingly expensive. Thanks for the reply and if any  ideas suddenly comes to you, I'm all ears!

Bought one around 1969 $179 bucks, while in the Marines. EVEN CURTIS HAD A CONVERTED ONE.AND YES REAL CHEAP. BUT IT HAD SOME WOOD ON IT.

when they raided my Brother and going thru the house they found a polaroid picture of me holding the gun. And one of the agents said who's this some Gangster? he answered back my Brother so what...he was in the Marines.

Some as you might know lead a really crazy interesting life.good luck with the part search...

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...