Kahr problems and why the guns fail.

Heres why kahr fails.  They built their mags wide.   You can only do this on purpose, its no accident.  The resulting fit is why guns jam.  The firing pins could be used as serrated knives.  Again this can only be produced on purpose because your mind set is wrong.  Chambers are tight.  

Since i had a gun here today i thiugh maybe i should post this for newer members who dont search old posts on why their guns dont work.  

20230828_083934.jpg20230828_095940.jpg20230828_095824.jpg20230828_100143.jpg20230828_100156.jpg

• Like 1

Sloppy work and a Don't give a f*ck attitude. 

Kahr seems to want to take your $$ and run. They figure most semi Thompson owners will not actually shoot the guns, just keep them as safe queens or for show and tell.

On the plus side their sh*t product keeps knowledgeable gunsmiths busy !

You shell out 
$1500 + for a semi Thompson then have to pay out more $$ to get it working right. 

As for the Kahr mags, do not buy them ! Look for G.I. magazines, modify your semi mag catch and problem solved.

A friend asked about buying a Kahr made Thompson. Told him to shop around for a West Hurley gun, less hassle to get it running right.

I had the extractor pop out of the groove when it fractured, metal embrittlement. I’ll just say that their attitude was pretty disappointing considering even in 2010 it wasn’t a cheap date to buy one. 

A quick explanation, out of warranty, initially no assistance, all on my dime, that was to my phone call. Second, sent an email. That was “Send it in we will look at it and make a determination” Both ways my expense. No commitment except that I was quoted an hourly rate plus parts. Quick calculations on my part if they didn’t participate (100%, 50/50 split, whatever) was in the range of half the sale price plus the shipping.

After back and forth between them and I and not getting a good feeling how the whole thing was going  I bought the parts, bolt, extractor, two cross pins that held the firing pin (Kahr couldn’t even get that right, two different part numbers on the invoice and they sent two identical pins) and a trip to my local gunsmith to put it back together and get it to go “bang” and eject.

2 hours ago, Waistgunner said:

What did you expect them to say?

Well for a twelve hundred dollar firearm in 2009?  A little more assurance that they stood behind their product. And some training on customer relations for their customer service department.

Why does a new firearm have to be sent to a third party (no offense deerslayer, you have saved many people here a lot of grief!) to make it function?

Why did it take two contacts, one by phone and one by email to acknowledge that they “might” assist but in either case I was still responsible for inbound and outbound shipping and one hour labor. That would have alone been close to the  price of the parts that were required to fix it, at that point I was just better off to buy the parts and have the gunsmith at work install them.

And as a P.S., I ordered four parts. A new bolt, a new extractor together with the two cross bolt drift pins. Four different part numbers on the invoice. Only problem was that the two drift pins they sent were identical, not like the two in the rifle. I just tossed it and reused one of the old ones, it was fine but I figured I’d just replace it anyways. They couldn’t even get that right.

Their premium line handguns carry a limited lifetime warranty, their value line as well as all Auto Ordnance and Magnum Research products a one year warranty. 

I agree on the premise that there are sold as wall hangers. Pretty sad

19 hours ago, SHOVELHEADRIDER said:

Well for a twelve hundred dollar firearm in 2009?  A little more assurance that they stood behind their product. And some training on customer relations for their customer service department.

Why does a new firearm have to be sent to a third party (no offense deerslayer, you have saved many people here a lot of grief!) to make it function?

Why did it take two contacts, one by phone and one by email to acknowledge that they “might” assist but in either case I was still responsible for inbound and outbound shipping and one hour labor. That would have alone been close to the  price of the parts that were required to fix it, at that point I was just better off to buy the parts and have the gunsmith at work install them.

And as a P.S., I ordered four parts. A new bolt, a new extractor together with the two cross bolt drift pins. Four different part numbers on the invoice. Only problem was that the two drift pins they sent were identical, not like the two in the rifle. I just tossed it and reused one of the old ones, it was fine but I figured I’d just replace it anyways. They couldn’t even get that right.

Their premium line handguns carry a limited lifetime warranty, their value line as well as all Auto Ordnance and Magnum Research products a one year warranty. 

I agree on the premise that there are sold as wall hangers. Pretty sad

I feel your pain!  I have had issues with mine as well. Fortunately, I have gunsmithing experience and resolved my problems. Unfortunately, when I called Kahr, they were like, "What is it that you want me to help you with?" I just politely expressed my frustration with their attitude, ordered parts from Numrich, and facilitated repairs on my own. I will never own another Kahr weapon as long as I live.

Waistgunner. 

The first shop I worked at was being courted by Kahr to become a authorized dealer and asked for my input. I told him of all my grief and he declined their offer. 

I’ve dealt with the big names, Browning, Sig Sauer, Glock, Smith and Wesson and Springfield both through work and my personal firearms and have been satisfied with their responses. For example, I have a Sig Sauer branded GSG 1911-22 that has excessive slide lock notch wear, a product of several thousand rounds of .22’s being fed through it. As the limited lifetime warranty (even on discontinued products) they don’t cover normal wear no tear I called to inquire about buying a replacement slide. Their answer was “send it it, we’ll cover it”, that tells me a lot about good customer service.

• Like 3