‘L’ or ‘I’ stamp

Hello, a couple of years ago I bout this spare parts set, it included the trigger, sear, sear lever, spring and magazine release, they were encased in a cosmoline tomb until now in which I’m working on a project. From what I saw in the stamps it seems to be a mix of Savage and Auto Ordinance, but the magazine release had a strange stamp I cannot recognize which sort resembles an I or an L; but I could be wrong, it could just be a savage mark that was deteriorated . Any help with this would be very appreciated 

F232147E-1930-4AD9-8D72-9F1DA353D68F.jpeg

A5DA6469-79D1-42AA-847A-B4070519F684.jpeg

Hi Fadedkrill,

Welcome to the Thompson forum.

Would you please post a couple of pictures of the other side of this magazine catch. I especially want to see a picture of the end thumb piece with the hole.

Welcome to the forum. The mark is most likely a poorly formed B and that would indicate Gussack Mfg Co of Long Island City, NY

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TD. said:

Hi Fadedkrill,

Welcome to the Thompson forum.

Would you please post a couple of pictures of the other side of this magazine catch. I especially want to see a picture of the end thumb piece with the hole.

Hello and thank you, here are the photos, hopefully they will suffice 

13FD810D-1E9C-4AF8-AC10-1612950A7CDF.jpeg

F8DE9CD6-599A-4B60-BFED-E26693D020AA.jpeg

7748D4BB-065E-4B5F-A717-F985417A4238.jpeg

CF6C6545-C706-4E45-A9B7-94A3F0E9B6AD.jpeg

Thank you for the new pictures. I thought this may have been an Auto-Ordnance West Hurley magazine catch.  But now I am not so sure. Long time forum member BUG may have the answer, above.

3 hours ago, TD. said:

Thank you for the new pictures. I thought this may have been an Auto-Ordnance West Hurley magazine catch.  But now I am not so sure. Long time forum member BUG may have the answer, above.

I see, how does one differentiate by the hole in the thumb end? Either way thank you very much

This magazine catch has a cast look to it (at least to me). Perhaps, the reason is the catch appears to be well worn and and most likely refinished in the past.  The finish of many of the parts kits from years ago were painted black and described as new by the sellers. The thumb end would tell me if it appeared like known West Hurley cast magazine catches.

Thank you for posting.