Wanted…..original M1 Thompson transit case

Just like the title says-I’d love to find an original M1 Thompson transit chest for my M1 collection. I might possibly consider a repop one if it was done nicely, but rather have a true WWII one. 

Im also considering one of the metal racks for the M1 Thompson as well. Not sure how hard one of those would be to find. 

I had always understood (wrongly?) that the Home Guard was basically out of business by the time that M1 Thompson came out. It's a shame that the photos are mostly missing from the thread linked below:

R

1 hour ago, TSMGguy said:

I had always understood (wrongly?) that the Home Guard was basically out of business by the time that M1 Thompson came out. It's a shame that the photos are mostly missing from the thread linked below:

Roger you understood correctly, as I said in the above topic, "In June 1941, the decision was taken that the Thompson guns would be issued as a personal weapon and therefore the chests were no longer required, so the contracts were cut short. The War department then looked at converting the transit chests to hold box magazines and also 50 round ‘L’ drums, and drawings for the conversions exist".

So the chest for the Model of 1928’s were discontinued prior to the M1's were shipped to Britain. 

The M1 chest holding two weapons, which I posted in the above topic, was what I call a 'fantasy piece' produced by D & B militaria in the UK. 

I bought one of the chests made by Dan (Deerslayer), I am very happy with it. I requested the chest to hold one gun and a friend and I set up the interior to hold accessories. I can carry a lot in the chest, but it gets heavy!

Mark