Savage 1928 frame on ebay - very suspicious

It appears there is a shortage of Thompson 1928 frames in the marketplace. I noticed the below 1928 frame on ebay:

1928 Thompson Lower And Parts | eBay

It does not appear to be an original Savage Arms USGI frame to me. I really like the serial number and GEG markings. However, I welcome all comments. 

It is definitely a buyer beware marketplace. You really need to understand what you are buying!

1928 frame on ebay.jpg

Could this be a McKay Industries LLC lower that was discussed in a recent reconbob thread?

The four digit Savage lower would make it a one of a kind since Savage started at 15041 after the Colt serial numbers. The four digit frame serial number were stamped after finish was applied. Likely only four numbers were applied as that is all the room there was.

The number 2 font is not correct.

eBay listing is likely not long for this world.

Edited by Bridgeport28A1
Font, 15041

Hi, Tom,

Those markings were not roll marked. All originals were. Looks instead like they've been laser engraved.

The surface is very rough. If this is an original frame, any trace of the original Blanchard milling has been eradicated. 

JMHO.

I agree - I think this is a Scotty57/McKay Enterprises frame. And I also agree that the light

grey circles around the numbers is the effect of stamping a zinc phosphated part AFTER it has

been phosphated/parkerized.  With the zinc phosphate process (unlike the smooth WW2 slate

grey process) the longer you leave the part in the tank, the thicker the finish gets and this is 

readily apparent on this part. And we have the same tactic as Scotty57 with a green wrapper

to imply that the frame was just taken out of G.I. wrap.

The only minor saving grace here is that the part is described as "new", not "original". If he

would have described it as "new manufacture" I would have no problem with this. The guy may

be a hustler, or maybe he does not know much and believed the hype of Scotty/McKay.

Bob