PPSH41 finally approved!

My amnesty registered all numbers matching PPSH was just approved this week. As luck would have it, I had sent it to John Andrewski for the once over and a few minor "repairs" and it came back just as the F4 was approved. I took it apart completely and gave it a thorough cleaning and it turned out super. I'll post pics soon. This was the gun that was lost by USPS for 41 days last year. UGH!

It's a 1944 dated gun, clearly stamped as a Russian war piece. My source who bought it from the original owner said it was brought back from Korea. Interesting story if the gun could talk.

Mine is a 1943 dated Russian gun and was also brought back from Korea by the navigator of a USAF bomber.
Traded a US Marine a bottle of whisky for the gun.
He packed it up in his duffle bag for the trip home.
The unit Commander made the Airmen on either side of him dump their duffle bags out, but skipped him.
He amnesty registered it in 1968.
These guns can have an interesting history.

Richard

21 hours ago, Larryp44 said:

Sorry for confusion gentleman…. Just trying to learn about this thing…

11 hours ago, APEXgunparts said:

Mine is a 1943 dated Russian gun and was also brought back from Korea by the navigator of a USAF bomber.
Traded a US Marine a bottle of whisky for the gun.
He packed it up in his duffle bag for the trip home.
The unit Commander made the Airmen on either side of him dump their duffle bags out, but skipped him.
He amnesty registered it in 1968.
These guns can have an interesting history.

Richard

I have two now, and likewise find them very cool guns. Next to my Swedish K's, these are my favorites. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, signal_4 said:

Looks great Sir !!! 

Shot it today and it was smoking! Andrewski did a once over on it (I send all my guns to him for a safety and function check-up) and I am simply amazed at the simplicity of these things, yet they shoot flawlessly.