Owen gun book club.....and accessories

A great book on the Owen and it's development.  A lot about the background and political strifes, and how it finally came to be.   Some tech info in there.  Copies show up on ebay from time to time. 

The rest is just eye candy, but took a few years to put together a complete Owen chest with all the correct "stuff" on the drawing on the lid, including the three bayonets and scabbards in the bottom.  Without the drawing I don't think I could have packed it all in correctly?   I think I could have found three live koala bears faster and saved money?  LOL

20240324_122822[1].jpg

20240324_122614[1].jpg

• Like 1

Nothing OWEN is easy to locate/ obtain in this country!
I have never seen that wood transit box before!
I have Ian Skennerton's book "100 years of Australian Service Machineguns"
It also has a very good write up on the OWEN and its developement.
The AUSTEN is also covered.

Richard

I second the book The Owen Gun. A great read full of interesting history of all things Owen. I sold my copy to someone on this board a few years ago.

Richard,

I have Ian's book also.  This one is quite a bit more in depth.  I also have a couple of Ian's SAIS manuals which were very helpful.   I have seen at least two of these chests over the years.  Both were empty and  missing some partitions. 

Timing on locating everything wasn't too bad.  Some things were quite a challenge, but I started quite a while ago.  Like every other antique item, they get spread further and further apart and some consumed by time.   To start on it today could easily mean I might not finish it in this lifespan? 

Thanks for the compliments guys!