A Colt Thompson Buyer & Collectors Guide

I was not planning on another book but when I had the opportunity to inspect and take pictures of a beautiful 1928 Colt NAVY...yes, another book. This former police department Thompson submachine gun is owned by none other than Roger Allen, the Class 3 dealer from Kentucky that rescued all the St. Louis Police Department Colt's for Thompson enthusiasts to enjoy forever.

I had thought about a smaller (8.25" x 6" - 51 pages) inexpensive book like this for a while based on comments I had received from purchasers of my third book, An Amateur's Guide for the Colt Thompson Submachine Gun. Roger's Colt NAVY, located just down the street in small town Kentucky, made this book a reality. 

One recurring comment I hear from readers is the Amateur’s Guide book is a great reference book. However, it is just a little too large to drag around to a gun show, auction house or Thompson show when inspecting a Colt Thompson. I have been told many times something smaller and easier to carry around would be perfect – but keep the pictures and captions. This book is mostly pictures and expansive captions! 

All Colt Thompson submachine guns are very expensive in today’s marketplace. Some are astonishingly high priced. Reference books about Thompson submachine guns are also expensive but can identify many pitfalls that can save buyers a lot of remorse if utilized properly. This pocket size book is designed to allow a prospective buyer or enthusiast the opportunity to correctly inspect a Colt Thompson in a systematic step by step process from one area to another - at a very reasonable price. It is not a replacement for my Amateur’s Guide book; it is a supplemental guide. It is also an inexpensive introduction to the Colt Thompson submachine gun for those new to the machine gun community seeking to learn about the iconic Tommy Gun.

It is available on Amazon.com for $24.99 plus shipping and tax. My price is $25 for a signed copy postage paid. I will have copies available at the upcoming Thompson Collector's Association (TCA) Show & Shoot as well as the May, Ohio Gun Collector's Association (OGCA) display show. If you cannot make these events, contact me via Private Message or at: tkd5501@fuse.net for ordering information. 

Thank you for all your past support.

CROP 10Mar2024.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2