Hi,

I am new to the group and after a six month form 4 wait received my first TSMG, Model of 1928a1.  I have three L drums and just bought the parts to grease them.  I have a mini greaser with the 3oz cartridges.  How much grease should I pump into a drum?  Is one 3oz cartridge enough, too much or not enough? One drum is a newTaiwan, one an old Auto Ordnance and one an original Bridgeport. All three run well. Same gun below in both pics. 

Thanks.

Dan

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

Welcome to the forum. You will get different opinions when it comes to greasing drums. I grease mine, others will say if they needed to be greased they would ship them that way. I say fill er up. You will see grease appear around the rotor when it is full. You will need more than 3 ounces if you top them off. Nice Thompson.

Below is a great discussion on the subject. If mine, I would not worry about it unless using the L drums on a weekly basis. A squirt or two will not hurt but, if mine, I would not do any more. Others may have different opinions. 

T

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ppgcowboy said:

Welcome to the forum. You will get different opinions when it comes to greasing drums. I grease mine, others will say if they needed to be greased they would ship them that way. I say fill er up. You will see grease appear around the rotor when it is full. You will need more than 3 ounces if you top them off. Nice Thompson.

Thank you for the information. Very helpful.

15 hours ago, TD. said:

Below is a great discussion on the subject. If mine, I would not worry about it unless using the L drums on a weekly basis. A squirt or two will not hurt but, if mine, I would not do any more. Others may have different opinions. 

Thanks!

I would sideline the original and buy more Taiwan drums.  I had my original New York drum out when my friend dropped a Taiwan drum loaded on gravel. Last range outing another guy dropped an empty Taiwan drum on sand.