Going For The Throat!

• 3 months later...

Ebay unlisted the magazine so I cannot see what the markings on it are. However, my last purchase of 4 magazines turned out to be $50 each and that was about 2 months ago.

2 of the mags marked MKb42

MP43

1 of the mags marked MP43

1 of the mags marked MP45

All of them were in excellent condition and the markings on the follower were different on the ones marked MKb.

So there are times when you can find these things but I'm not saying it's easy to do. I guess I'm just lucky to find a few things. The price was a bit higher but I managed to do a bit of talking and got it way down along with getting a few other MP parts and a few MG 34 belts that I needed.

I'm still missing I think one version of these mags but then I could be wrong.

If some of you are going to be down at the Knob Creek Event this week, you might see me there and if you do, then you can ask to see a couple of the magazines, No not for sale but I'm going to take them anyway.

Diane

Wow, I haven't seen this much interest in the MP40/44 boards in some time!

And welcome to the MP boards Diane! It's nice to have new people on this forum as it goes for what seems like weeks with out any new posts!

Anyways, i think that some of the MP44 magazines on eBay are possibly the Japanese toy (shoei) MP44 magazines as they are really convincing looking until you examine them. Evidently, these Japanese magazines fit and feed in the actual MP44's..

You where extremely lucky to obtain your MP magazines for $50.00 each!

I take it that you have Peter Senich's book on the MP44 if not, it is a must have in my opinion as it covers the MP series nicely...

No I do not have Peter Senich's book but then I don't and cannot have everything and I'd rather spend some of the little money I still have on the actual toys.

I do have the book that recently came out that Dieter in Germany wrote. He sent it to me autographed and without charge. I guess that he thinks I'm very knowledgeable on these things. I did communicate with Dieter for months prior to and after his book came out and possibly the next time he is in the U.S. we will meet and talk.

There is also a site that deals with keeping track of the serial numbers of the MP models as well as the magazines for them so that we can gain from knowing what finish and other features were made on the MP models that are known to be still in existance.

Also on the site are a few items pertaining to the MP models, such as pouches, magazines, ammo accessories and such. A few of the things are those that I contributed to the site for show and tell. 2 of them that I do remember are one of the little butt stock bags that were with some of the MP's when they were made. The other thing is there are some ammo photo's that were from me. The Kurz dated 46 in the little 15 round box is from my collection as well as some of the other boxes if I remember right.

The site is run by a man named Claus Espeholt and he is somewhere in Europe but his site also has quite a bit of other German arms as well. A nice guy from his e-mails that we had exchanged.

Now I did obtain one of the Shoei magazines just to see if it could be used. It would take 32 rounds but it wouldn't fit just right in any of the MPs that I attempted to put it in. I had to do some very minor file work to make it function. But if you do not want to damage or mark up your original magazines then by all means you can use them.

I drift from one type of weapon to another but do have enough working knowledge to take them apart and put them back to gether again if need be. Also from part sets like the STG58 and others.

Now, I did meet a guy at the Knob Creek Shoot that has made up some MP barrels and will have them broached and chambered for the AK round. The price he would be asking is $600 and I think that is a bit high for me. And he also said that he was having brass made in Europe Specifically for the MP43 series of rifles. Not made from other brass casings, this is brand new stuff. Don't know how much that will cost and I had Buffalo Arms make up brass from 308 or 300 Savage a couple years ago and order 500 of the cases to start them out with an order. That's good enough for me.

• 3 weeks later...