A Little Ot: Automatic Knives

I actually didn't order the UTX70 based on the below. I changed my mind and went with a conventional fixed blade because it was bigger. Robert was cool about it and I caught him before the order went out. Oh well, maybe I will look into it some other time.

Tommys are enough! Lots of good (and expensive) knives are out there. This one will do fine for most around the house stuff for now.

Chris.

I have a few Microtech OTF (Out The Front) models and am very pleased with their overall appearance and quality. They're not cheap, but for $200-$500 or so, you get a decent product.

Here's a link to an on line vendor of their products with whom I've dealt.

The Bright Edge

Robert at that site is great to work with, and has about the best prices on the Microtech line.

There is a new model that was presented at the SHOT Show a few weeks ago. Called the "Troodon" I believe. I'm waiting until it's available to add to my collection.

I like automatic weapons and automatic knives also. I have bought from a company called www.knifeshop.com located in Vienna Austria. Thay have quite a good selection of quality German made knives, Boker, Hubertus, Kissing Crane, ect. I had no problem getting the merchandise albeit this was before 9/11. And with the Euro exchange rate being what it is today you may find better deals domestically. FWIW

QUOTE (DC Chris @ Mar 26 2006, 11:51 PM)
Thanks for the responses guys.  This is exactly what I was looking for.

I just placed an order at thebrightedge.com for an OTF Microtech UTX-70 Black Plain Edge Blade.

http://www.thebrightedge.com/xcart/custome...&cat=312&page=1

Looks like a good blade - I can't wait.

Chris.

They are nice.

One other thing, since you've ordered the UTX-70. They are 70% the size of the Ultratech, thus, UT x 70. Get it?

They are fairly small. It will fit into your Levi change pocket with the clip attaching it for safekeeping. I'm in Oregon and auto knives are legal if not concealed, and with the clip visible that's all that's required.

I have a comparison photo, but can't see a way to attach it to this message, so I could email it if anyone's interested.

You will buy other Microtechs, I can almost guarantee it.

Chris,

Glad you're pleased with your new knife. I have the white Micarta top UTX70 and a carbon fiber top UltraTech UT-6. Both with black double edge blades.

UT-6

Are you sorry you didn't buy a Chinese knife instead?

Dale

Edited: I also assume you're pleased with Robert at The Brighter Edge, his service and prices.

Edited by draver