Parts Set Dry Up

seeing as how ATF has banned the Import of parts sets....... I guess we will see less and less of them untill you will not be able to find one anywhere, Right? How long do we have till the drought gets really bad. 28 sets are still very easy to find, I know of only one place to get m1a1 sets.

First, it was the United States Congress that banned the importation of barrels, not the ATF. ATF, on orders from their new masters at DOJ, merely began enforcing a provision that was on the books since 1986.

Second, the rest of the parts kit is still importable.

Third, the reason parts kit will dry up is because there are only so many Thompsons in storage in the Soviet Union et al, and there time to come in is past.

20,000 set's still around..and let's see in future people pass away.change interest's change gun's..and how many thompson' s have been worn out by one owner..

sure you get the one or two nut's..who blow through 10,000 rounds a year...i'm sure not too many doing that i've found with the price of good ammo..{yeah i know about reload's}some of it is brag.not fact<

so if you buy one set..you should be okay for your life and what remain's of it..sometime's we get caught up in all the hype of "it's all gone i won't be able to buy anymore...

sometime's not true...and it start's all over again...buy a set and be done with it...and move on...since part's set's is a pretty boring subject now rehashed many time's over...and over..and pick up those new 20 rd mag's....since we have all the mag collector's.they might not last.wink!! have fun in 2006. take care,ron

p.s remember in 1928 nobody panicked about buying colt thompson's.they still had a bunch...the collecting bug started after ww2..

QUOTE (philasteen @ May 13 2006, 07:11 AM)
Third, the reason parts kit will dry up is because there are only so many Thompsons in storage in the Soviet Union et al, and there time to come in is past.

Let's not forget parts hoarders.

I know of guys that have 8 and 10 parts sets to keep their one or two guns running.