Rof Grease Gun

Jeff51

I read on another board that if you put Thompson springs in instead of regulation springs that you can speed up the rof. You have to cut them down and play with them to get the rof that you want. My question: I have a registered tube M3A1 and am wondering with a rof of around 600-700 rpm would this hurt the weld at the front of the reciever? The front of the gun where the barrel screws on is welded to the tube and would the extra force of the springs (with the higher rof) hurt the weld? Thanks, Jeff http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Hi Jeff,

I've always heard that the rear part of the receiver "tube" takes the majority of abuse. I guess decent a recoil buffer would solve that.

But anyway -that aside. IMHO, I feel that messing with a "Greasers ROF" might have other negative factors.

These weapons were designed with a particuliar ROF and anything higher may damage it.

Remember, Its just simple sheetmetal and welds that holds these things together.

Thats my opinion.....I'd sure like to see what others have to say.

All of this brings up another question:

Does anyone make a slip-in/slip-on buffer that could be put behind the recoiling unit in an M3 or M3A1 Grease-Gun ?.......is there enough room back there and what have people used ?

I am also looking for a nice M3 GreaseGun Parts-Kit as was sold by IMA several months ago. If you have one...please e-mail me directly with condition/photos if possible, and price at:

Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net

Regards, RichardS.