1928 Savage Nac Suffix Thompson On Sturm

Not Mine. I know these NAC Suffix Marked Thompsons have been discussed here before and the seller has some nice pics of the receiver / lettering: http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=111956

http://i35.tinypic.com/23idjwg.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/of7v4m.jpg

Edited by inertord

All- I am selling this Thompson. Let me know if you have any questions- it would be great to see this go to someone here.

David Albert can vouch for my character, & I believe that Mike (Full auto 45) knows this 28 as well.

Thanks,

Mark Endicott

All,

This Thompson will be a great deal for someone, and I've known Mark a long time. If I had the disposable cash right now, it would not have been posted. Mark used to shoot with us at both our old "pit" machine gun shoot locations in Austin, but he moved to the Northwest several years ago. He's a regular at SAR West, so we meet up for good food in Phoenix during that show.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Please correct me if I'm not reading the S/N properly. To my old eyes this appears to be an "NAC" suffix gun, not prefix as indicated in the thread heading. (Ad just says NAC marked - no indication as to prefix or suffix).

IRRC, suffix NAC mark is much more common than prefix NAC.

In any case, looks like a nice gun.

Best of luck to the seller and ultimate buyer!

Please correct me if I'm not reading the S/N properly. To my old eyes this appears to be an "NAC" suffix gun, not prefix as indicated in the thread heading. (Ad just says NAC marked - no indication as to prefix or suffix).

IRRC, suffix NAC mark is much more common than prefix NAC.

In any case, looks like a nice gun.

Best of luck to the seller and ultimate buyer!

Sorry, It is a suffix in the photo, my grammar mistake on wording (Early morning post)! A real nice looking gun.

All- I am selling this Thompson. Let me know if you have any questions- it would be great to see this go to someone here.

David Albert can vouch for my character, & I believe that Mike (Full auto 45) knows this 28 as well.

Thanks,

Mark Endicott

Man my timing sucks, thats the 1928 I want. The one I just bought is missing the acceptance stamps and US markings, that for some reason I just gotta have.

A question for the group though - If buying to shoot as much as to collect, would a 1928 that was not "issued" be in better shape down the road? Thats assuming a US 1928 would have more rounds than a non US that probably never lest the states.

This is an interesting gun- NAC suffix marked (very lightly- won't even show in some pictures), and has all the US military acceptance markings (flaming bomb, inspectors stamps, etc). Plus the upper & lower match. No sign of Brit markings. If it wasn't for the NAC stamp there would be no indication that this ever anything but US military issue. The NAC stamp also was done after finish was applied, so this gun was not refinished by them.

Thanks-

i won't make any comment on price. the gun looks right and is very nice and matched upper and lower,{ which some collectors like}if i was in a better place i'd buy it.since its a looker.and probably a good shooter.however in my way of thinking. i would buy a wes-hurley to blast. and have this as a safe keeper.

since i have owned and sold so many of these. i can't get attached anymore.they are just nice to handle and look at. and think of the history of them. i wish you luck in the sale. somebody will come along with the buck's.and don't be afraid of offer's. it is now a buyers market for everything and anything. and people that still have the big buck's to spend.{ $10,000.00 or more per gun} can be very selective in the purchase.

nice pics, nice gun.

Ron