Does Anyone Know Where I can get a full Lower.....

Hi Group.

I still have problems with my WH 1928A1. Too long to get into now, but does anyone know where I can get a full lower for my 1928A1, and how much would-should it cost.

If you have one for sale let me know. Obviously, I'd want one that is mil-spec or mil-spec quality.

Thanks, you've all been a great help.

Easy, The Serial number. West Hurley Lowers do not have Serial Numbers. WWII guns do. PM me for more info. Have WWII lowers complete.

Sandman1957

That's why I was questioning the response above saying that NOS WWII lowers were unmarked, it would make sense that a NOS WWII replacement part would have been unmarked. A lower that had been used to build a complete WWII era 1928 would have been numbered but lowers that were never used to build complete guns would never have been numbered. So how could you visually tell a West Hurley part from a Savage or AO part that had never been numbered?

I have never seen an original 1928 frame with out a serial number. It makes sense they do exist as frames were manufactured for spare parts. However, the frame would not be completely unmarked in the serial number area. For example, on a Savage frame the nomenclature "NO. S -" would be present.

If you order from Don Bell at Omega ask him to select a frame that has not had the serial number and nomenclature ground off and later hand stamped with a 6 digit number. These are the least desirable frames. Don will work with you if you so inquire. I would ask for a frame where the serial number has not been altered in any manner. I received a very nice A.O. frame last year with no modern handiwork present. I would also tell Don the condition of the wood is unimportant; you want an nice unaltered frame.

The differences between a West Hurley 1928 frame a GI frame are easy to spot when you have both frames side by side.

I just bought a stripped lower for $125 . I had to have it refinished to match the WH upper anyway , so he sent me one with the finish removed. Had a couple of full sets of internals from trying to solve the same problem as you . The WH wood will fit the US lower , sliped right on and latched tight on mine.

Sent you a PM to read before spending $$$.

Chris

Like I said in the above post, I purchased a 1928A1 parts kit from Don Bell when he was selling the parts kits, less barrel and comp but with a ladder sight for around $700.00. the lower is a AOC. not savage, and has never had a serial humber applied. I had recon bob make me a 80% upper receiver to make up a wall hanger and had to make up a serial number for him to apply to the upper receiver.