Militec-1

One of the local gunsmiths here is high on Militec-1, and accordig to the company website, it's the best thing since sliced bread -- or at least since CLP.

It is supposed to be a dry lubricant that bonds to the molecular surface of the metal. The guys in Iraq say it's a miracle product because, unlike CLP, it doesn't attract sand and soot and gum and mix em all together and jam their M16's & M4's.

I'm going to try it on an AR15, a 1911, and maybe a Luger, but I wonder how it would work on a 28? It may be a case of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." My 28 runs great on CLP. (I use the machine gun formula when I can find it.) I wonder what would happen with the oiler system in a 28? If the Militec is supposed to be dry, that doesn't seem like it'd keep the oiler moist -- but then maybe we wouldn't need the oiler... ???

And then, if I keep tyring to fix things that ain't broke, maybe I've got too much time on my hands....

I've been using Ballistol on everything from semi-autos to black powder guns for the last couple of years and it works great. It kills the effects of corossive primers, cuts black powder fouling, cleans and lubes metal, plastic, wood, there's not much that it won't do. It's safe,bio-degradable and you can put it on a cut to disinfect it. It's some of the best lube that I've ever used. Check out their web site at www.ballistol.com http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Once you use Clenzoil you won't use anything else. It is a cleaner, lubricant and protector. Clean you gun with your favorite until the patch comes out spotless, then run a patch with clenzoil down the barrel and see what happens.

Gunner,...

No, you are not the only one,... I figured it was good for the complection...down here in FL.,humidity is usually high and you gotta keepem`oily..to KEEPEM`SMOKIN`,out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif