Silenced M1928A1

A Police Equipment and Silencer manufacturer recently made a silenced

M1928A1 Thompson using a Phila Ordnance 100% receiver (Form 2), a Russian

parts set, and a specially modified military barrel with matching silencer. Very

nice work:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/reconbob/IMG_0924_zpswxlhcnwt.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/reconbob/IMG_0923_zpstavihujw.jpg

Bob

Bob,

Very cool. Thank you for sharing.

Is is just me or does the buffer pilot appear to be sticking out the rear of the receiver a little more than normal? Perhaps a new buffer disc is in order.

Bob, that is cool

Questions - do the sights actually work? Or do you have to raise up the rear sight to get it on target?

Also - after you do a 50 round dump (which I KNOW you will!) how hot does the suppressor get?

Thanks for sharing!

Does a Thompson suppress better than other blowback operated smgs?

I don't see anything about the gun that would make me think it would be quieter than an UZI

one thing to remember about suppressors is that the microphone on a video camera won't pick up the noise spike and your PC speakers won't play it

so everything is 100x quieter on youtube than it is in person

a lot of people are disappointed when they buy a suppressor and the thing is about as loud as a chainsaw

also, same deal with your ears. Your ear wasn't designed to pick up a giant short duration noise so gunshots beat up your ears a lot more than you think

you can listen to a loud gunshot with only mild pain but if someone turned up a rock song to the same volume you'd be in agony

Edited by buzz

the best thing is if you can get a silencer tested with equipment that's designed to meter the sound properly

there are a lot of guys saying their 300 blackout is "quieter than a typewriter" and so forth

but the cartridge meters out to around 135 db. That's about as loud as a very loud ambulance siren

• Upvote 1

Hello All,

I just became a member and this is my gun. I want to thank Recon Bob for helping me out with this project. To answer some questions , the front sight on the tube is regulated to the rear sight and the gun is very accurate , I can ding the 12x18" steel plate at 100 yards pretty easily. The barrel is ported and half the inner volume is filled with rolled aluminum screen. The front section is a standard gemtech Backslide .45 can. The rig is very quiet for a .45ACP and no hearing protection is required. I have a lot of suppressed SMG's and this gun comes in 3rd after the suppressed UZI with AWC MK9 using subsonic 9mm and Sterling MK5 with KGB suppressor, Possibly a little quieter than a factory MP5SD . The 9mm with subsonic ammo will always be quiter than a .45 because the .45 end cap being a larger diameter lets more noise out of the can. I have not seen any MFG DB reduction spec that shows their .45 cans quieter than their 9mm cans. The gemtech back silde is not the quietest .45 can I have but was available to use for this project. The ported barrel makes up for what the backslide lacks in DB reduction. I'll be expirementing with other font ends soon and will try the Backslide wet which will make it quieter as well for the 1st 20 rounds or so. The suppressor gets really warm after a 50 round dump.