Good Price on Ammo

MNSHOOTER I agree with almost everything you said except for the possibility that you own a rifle (or several rifles) with insanely expensive cartridges. I am in a situation where I have a 338-378 Weatherby , a 338 Federal and a 376 Stehyr scout rifle. Good luck finding any of these cartridges consistently. I was at a sporting goods,gas station,post office here in North Idaho and the shopkeeper had a box of Weatherby........$130.......I paid less than that for my RCBS Press.

MNSHOOTER I agree with almost everything you said except for the possibility that you own a rifle (or several rifles) with insanely expensive cartridges. I am in a situation where I have a 338-378 Weatherby , a 338 Federal and a 376 Stehyr scout rifle. Good luck finding any of these cartridges consistently. I was at a sporting goods,gas station,post office here in North Idaho and the shopkeeper had a box of Weatherby........$130.......I paid less than that for my RCBS Press.

Agree back. I've loaded for two of those. The equipment sat on the same shelf as my 5.7x28FN dies.

My sentence about buying brass for the odd calibers -should have included dies, shellholders, and bullets.

I could also have added: Convert/make brass for the really odd ones; remember George C. Nonte's "Cartridge Conversions" book?

Fortunately, there seems to be more types of brass and bullets available today than ever before -but it can get expensive.

A 600 Nitro would probably have me digging out the casting equipment again, but I'm not too worried about owning one of those.

One last suggestion: Resist the temptation to fire a .376 Steyr Scout -while wearing only a Tee shirt.

Edited by mnshooter

To each their own, but: If I could start now, I'd never get into rifle/pistol reloading. It should be classified as a medical condition.

. . .

Spend many, many, many hours at the bench when the time could be spent living, or watching Have Gun Will Travel reruns.

. . .

Put your money into Thompsons instead.

This

$233.80 + $44 shipping seems like a great price to me for 1,000 rounds. Am I reading that right?

$233.80 + $44 shipping seems like a great price to me for 1,000 rounds. Am I reading that right?

Almost. Shipping for 1K was $25. 2K was $44. Looks great but I haven't shot it yet.

Almost. Shipping for 1K was $25. 2K was $44. Looks great but I haven't shot it yet.

That's even better.

I just went thru 500 rounds today and this ammo runs great!!

Can you tell if it is any cleaner or dirtier than another brand?
No difference from any other good ammo i have used my gun was only mildly dirty but i service my guns after every shooting session even if it was one round fired. Ha