Auto Ordnance Thompson .22 Conversion from the '80s.

Now here is something you don't see every day. I just stumbled upon it while looking for some MG08 stuff. While it is cute, I'll never use it and will probably sell it. It appears to have been used, but not much. Does anybody have any idea what it is worth? Thanks in advance. I hope everyone enjoys these pictures.

IMG-2901.jpg

IMG-2902.jpg

IMG-2903.jpg

IMG-2904.jpg

IMG-2906.jpg

IMG-2907.jpg

IMG-2908.jpg

IMG-2909.jpg

IMG-2910.jpg

IMG-2911.jpg

• Upvote 2

These West Hurley kits need to be hand fit to a gun. The price is generally around $350, and they can be finicky. My WH kit like this one is marked 1927 A-1 A-5 Pistol Deluxe. I assume it says Pistol because of the small magazine. The Rifle version uses a 30 round banana mag with a different mag adaptor.

The JAC kits appear better made and are probably more reliable. I say probably because I have not personally worked with them, but I know people who use them reliably. JAC is an improved design, and Merles kits are an upgrade from that.

Edited by TSMG28

There may be different versions for the semi vs. FA guns. Can you measure the height of your bolt? My semi bolt is 1.195”, but a standard 1928 bolt is 1.294”. If your kit is for FA, I would expect the larger dimension.

The kit you have is for a full auto. There were of course semi auto kits. The 10 round magazine won't last you very long... Your kit is one of the better ones with a 1928 type hammer and firing pin. Unlike a ciener kit the barrel insert is held in from the back by the ejector.

Dan,

Since you are familiar with these FA kits, what is the purpose of the U-shaped part in the right-center if the box. It is not mentioned in the instructions that I can see.

Thanks.

Roger

Dan,

Since you are familiar with these FA kits, what is the purpose of the U-shaped part in the right-center if the box. It is not mentioned in the instructions that I can see.

Thanks.

Roger

Here are some different views of this part:

IMG-2916.jpg

IMG-2917.jpg

IMG-2918.jpg

Open bolt..do you see the sear notch on the bolt? The semi conversion kits don't have these and the bolt is much shorter, one of the pictures in the instructions shows a semi bolt. And they have a seperate firing pin.

The 1928 .22 caliber machine guns use these same bolt group parts. This would be a good spare parts kit for one of those guns.

• 3 years later...
On 2/12/2020 at 2:58 PM, pstidan said:

Now here is something you don't see every day. I just stumbled upon it while looking for some MG08 stuff. While it is cute, I'll never use it and will probably sell it. It appears to have been used, but not much. Does anybody have any idea what it is worth? Thanks in advance. I hope everyone enjoys these pictures.

IMG-2901.jpg

IMG-2902.jpg

IMG-2903.jpg

IMG-2904.jpg

IMG-2906.jpg

IMG-2907.jpg

IMG-2908.jpg

IMG-2909.jpg

IMG-2910.jpg

IMG-2911.jpg

Hello pstidan,
You've probably already sold your .22LR conversion kit.

I'm currently looking for a kit like this to purchase.
Maybe someone here on the forum has a kit and wants to sell it...
Please talk to me! We can negotiate

Marcio Passos