Photo
- - - - -

27 Frames

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: At around $450 each are they worth it? (62 member(s) have cast votes)

At around $450 each are they worth it?

1. Yes! It would be worth it. build them ASAP! (33 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. NO! the price is to high. Build something else that we can use like cocking knobs, selectors and milled ejectors. (11 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 03 April 2004 - 06:09 PM

That was my original thought just move the mag catch holes down .1000" I can think of a good reason to move the trigger down, the slot cut threw the top of the trigger lets crap in the semi's and makes the trigger pull mushy. I can see this, but adding .1000" would make the trigger housing seem lop sided to me. The botom of the recever comes strait over across the bottom of the mag well. If you make the trigger frame hang .1000" lower it will look lopsided IMHO. Not sure what the plan is for this....

My thoughts were leve the mag catch location alone, that way the guys with semi mags can use the standard catch; and Damon alredy makes a lowerd catch. If he included one of those as an option in the package that would work good for the guys just starting out who have no mags, or for the old time WH owner that say has ten or so SA mags. It is not really cost effective to convert said mags back to FA, and a bitch to try and sell to get most of your money back.

just my .02 I'm excited to see how this will look. I'd like to have them ready to ship now so I can strip off my old frame and drop on a new one that utilizes a detachable butstock and has rocker piviot converted to work the bolt hold open. make using drums a lot easyer, not to mention clearing jams.

#42 anticus

anticus

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:History, ancient coins, antiques of all descriptions.

Posted 08 October 2004 - 09:33 PM

Hello,

Newbie here from Missouri. I have a '27a1 that I'd like to have beautimized.
Will these custom frames be available ? I will certainly purchase one.

regards,

John

#43 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 08 October 2004 - 09:57 PM

I would certainly encourage you to contact Damon over at http://www.tommygunner.com for the latest developments. I'm currently unaware of the status of those Trigger Housings, but Damon does offer conversions of standard '27A1 Frames. The best quality and pricing you won't find anywhere else.