• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Poprivit

Poprivit

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:00 PM

Well, I went to see the Ape yesterday. Ok film, ok acting, great CGI, wondeful shots of Thompsons. I particularly enjoyed the scene where the kid shot the giant bugs off an actor by using a Thompson. In the scene he sprayed and prayed, oh, probably 50 rounds out of a waving barrel and never so much as put a crease in the actor - damn good shot I say.

Think I liked the original movie better, though. I'm going to go rent it today and see. cool.gif popcorn.gif

#2 ghostsoldier

ghostsoldier

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 482 posts
  • Interests:WW2 history, gangsters, Public Enemies and G-Men history

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:52 PM

When you rent the 1933 original, keep an eye on the two guys in the last airplane that shoots Kong off the ESB...those two guys are the director of the movie, Ernest B. Schoedsack, and the original creator/author of King Kong, Marian C. Cooper, doing their little cameo at the end.....just another piece of totally useless trivia you will never need again!
Rob

#3 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:41 PM

Just watched KK on TCM tonight. Not a freakin' Thompson in site! And I haven't seen the new one yet.
The old one is just about long enough for me!

#4 Grey Crow

Grey Crow

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1077 posts
  • Interests:Thompson Submachine guns, computers, reptiles.

Posted 26 December 2005 - 10:59 PM

Saw Kong today, Awesome! I was amazed as well at the accuracy the kid had shooting the giant man eating crickets.

The effects were great.

#5 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 27 December 2005 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (ghostsoldier @ Dec 26 2005, 06:52 PM)
When you rent the 1933 original, keep an eye on the two guys in the last airplane that shoots Kong off the ESB...those two guys are the director of the movie, Ernest B. Schoedsack, and the original creator/author of King Kong, Marian C. Cooper, doing their little cameo at the end.....just another piece of totally useless trivia you will never need again!
Rob

FYI Same in the new movie....