The New .22 Conversion Kit Is Here!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with BDM also today, since I had not heard anything, and they said that they will be contacting those on the list within the next day or two. So for those who have not heard anything from them, don't panic, they should contact you soon.

Rob

Deerslayer: How close was POI to POA with the ammo you used?

• 2 weeks later...
Waaaa! I haven't been contacted by anyone. I talked to Merle months back but haven't heard anything yet. I guess I'll wait my turn.

No one contacted me either. I called Black Dog on Mar. 1 and placed my order. My credit card was charged on Mar. 2 but I have not received it yet.

They ARE shipping now. I got off the phone with Rachel and sure enough I had a notification in my inbox that it had shipped. The first batch of waiting list people went out today so we should all start getting them in the next few days. Waiting patiently for it to show up now. I'm hoping it gets here before the weekend so I can run some ammo through it and build up a matrix of what functions and what doesn't.

On another note, don't forget extra mags, etc. They cut me a deal since I bought a bunch of magazines. BDM is just good people.

I got an email from BDM with the receipt and tracking number on it.

Its on the way....!!!

I E-mailed Rachel at Blackdog, and she confirmed that I'm on the list and they're ready to send the kit. I'm going to phone her tomorrow. If I understand correctly, this will fit my 1928 WH, with the only potential problem being that the WH chamber may be too tight to fit the adapter. (I'm eventually going to swap this for a USGI Savage barrel). Is this understanding correct? Edited by just4grins

I received a e-mail that my kit had shipped on Tues. and I received it today!!! I was just hoping to have it by this weekend as I live in IN. I didn`t get any instructions with the kit?

Received mine also.

Everything is there and packaged in a very sturdy case.

I installed the kit in my gun. Very simple installation. Everything seems to fit quite nicely. The one question I have is about the safety. The safety functions with bolt in the closed position but not in the open, firing position. Maybe Deerslayer will jump in and confirm that this is the way it is designed to work or if there is a problem here.

The other thing I noticed is that the extractor seems a bit fragile to my admittedly non-expert eyes. This makes me wonder if an average guy could replace the extractor if the need arises or if it would need to be sent back to Black Dog for replacement. I guess time will tell how durable this part will be.

I'm going to try to get out tomorrow to see how it runs.

Edited by Lancer

Mine showed up today as well. Yes, it has a chunk machined out of the bottom. That's fine. Are there instructions for this thing somewhere?

Unfortunately I won't be able to test it until next weekend. It looks GREAT.

In the meantime here's a pic of the "new" bolt.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z138/mbafernandez/thompson/DSCF2180-1.jpg

I got a call from BDM today and ordered my kit. Extra mags were priced lower with the kit so I ordered 8 more for a total of 10 (2 come with the kit). I also asked about service parts and I ordered an extra firing pin and extractor at a discount with the kit. Kit, 8 extra mags, extra firing pin and extractor about $675.00. CAN'T WAIT!!

UD

received my kit today. fit perfect in my West Hurley M1. Will not function with the weak spring. Heavy spring will function CCI Minimag but not standard velocity ammo. Probably needs to break in. I will break it in with the heavy spring and CCI Minimag (the most powerful & consistent 22 ammo)

This thing really needs a new muzzle nut with 1/2 x 28 threads to use with a suppressor.

Does anyone know a name, email, web site, or phone number for a source to get a threaded muzzle nut???

Edited by dieselten

received my kit today. fit perfect in my West Hurley M1. Will not function with the weak spring. Heavy spring will function CCI Minimag but not standard velocity ammo. Probably needs to break in. I will break it in with the heavy spring and CCI Minimag (the most powerful & consistent 22 ammo)

This thing really needs a new muzzle nut with 1/2 x 28 threads to use with a suppressor.

Does anyone know a name, email, web site, or phone number for a source to get a threaded muzzle nut???

dieselten

Does you safety lever work in the open bolt, firing position?

Edited by Lancer

dieselten

Does you safety lever work in the open bolt, firing position?

yes

Got my kit today, installed it, and noticed that my ejector had to be removed and left out, in order for the bolt to function. I assume this is the norm for this assembly?

Also, are the three springs that came with the kit, all of different strengths? And, does this kit need to be tuned by adjusting the spring length? Will find out tomorrow

when I give it a test run.

Railroader