AC-556 Owners..!? Check In; Sound Off; Show A Pic..!

gunfixer

I have my 191- series 556F & love the thing..

I was wondering if there are other enthusiasts "On-Board"?

Mine: (If you look too closely you'll see the Ciener Kit

is still installed..)

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g102/1erh/Firearms/PC160035.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g102/1erh/Firearms/PC160032.jpg

I have a couple of mini-14 GB K , stainless government models, one is a factory folder. When I was a kid the A-Team was my favorite show. Don't have the ac556 yet, but the full-auto version is on my short list of things to look for a deal on.

-wwiifirearms

I have a couple of mini-14 GB K , stainless government models, one is a factory folder. When I was a kid the A-Team was my favorite show. Don't have the ac556 yet, but the full-auto version is on my short list of things to look for a deal on.

-wwiifirearms

I loved the "A" Team too.! As for the AC-556's.. Now I would like a 16" folder & an 18" w/ carbine stock..! :woot:

I got one of these

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7705/ac5569.jpg

Had a few years - its a good gun.

Yup, that's my gun too... I just added the SCAR Stock, etc...

I may outgrow that one day, but I sure like it allot now..!

Merry Christmas all..!

One of the guns I wished I'd had bought was a Mini-14 type rifle that was offered to me back in the late '70s / early 80's. Guy had it at a show , just walking around. He wanted twice the going price for it. The neat thing was it had a rear sight just like a M1 Garand on it. I mean , just like it , only a little smaller to fit the smaller reciever. He said it was a limited production , and I've forgotten how it was marked , but in all these years I've never seen another. Wish I could find one.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
One of the guns I wished I'd had bought was a Mini-14 type rifle that was offered to me back in the late '70s / early 80's. Guy had it at a show , just walking around. He wanted twice the going price for it. The neat thing was it had a rear sight just like a M1 Garand on it. I mean , just like it , only a little smaller to fit the smaller reciever. He said it was a limited production , and I've forgotten how it was marked , but in all these years I've never seen another. Wish I could find one.

Chris

Chris - did you ever find anybody that was making the Semi-auto RSP's for the twin ANM2's that you have ?

Roger

No , not yet. Two of the known sideplate builders are looking into doing a run . They need to get approval after the design stage ( I'm guessing the denial islands will be smaller to avoid a weak trigger housing arm and there will be some sear / trigger issues due to the differences there ) and then start a run . They are both aware I'm in for two with the orig. markings to be duplicated thereon when available. I've assembled together two M2HB rear sights , two M1 Garand stocks , a pair of ANM2 grips to make carring handles , and two pairs of early BAR bipod legs . I need to figure out what they used for the stinger front sight and rig the 100rd ammo belt carriers .

Chris

• 2 years later...

I'm a newby to the Board.

I'm also a fairly new AC556 owner, with a problematic gun.

My AC556 will not stay in the full-auto mode, and usually won't got into the mode at all.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting it fixed, and I wondered if anyone has any drawings, diagrams, or specifications for an AC556--especially the receiver and the trigger mechanism.

It appears that the posterior part of the receiver is bent slightly upward (superiorly), causing the interior part of the attached selector switch to rest in a more superior (or higher) position than it should. This results in the projection on the switch to only partially engage the trigger mechanism in the full-auto position. To put it differently, the switch projection only goes half-way down into the slot in the trigger mechanism.

I know this is a little hard to follow verbally. I'll try to insert a picture or diagram in another post.

My AC556 will not stay in the full-auto mode, and usually won't got into the mode at all.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting it fixed, and I wondered if anyone has any drawings, diagrams, or specifications for an AC556--especially the receiver and the trigger mechanism.

It appears that the posterior part of the receiver is bent slightly upward (superiorly), causing the interior part of the attached selector switch to rest in a more superior (or higher) position than it should. This results in the projection on the switch to only partially engage the trigger mechanism in the full-auto position. To put it differently, the switch projection only goes half-way down into the slot in the trigger mechanism.

I know this is a little hard to follow verbally. I'll try to insert a picture or diagram in another post.

I can understand how your having this problem, but How did the receiver get bent ?? Pretty hard to do on a cast steel item (not saying it can't be done). Next Is the gun in an original Stock ?? Need some more answers. Also you may want to Join UZITALK. They have a section dedicated to the AC556.

• 2 months later...

The cousins:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll70/MG34_Dan/Stainless%20Rugers/KAC556FoverKGBF.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll70/MG34_Dan/Stainless%20Rugers/FrontSlingSwivels.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll70/MG34_Dan/Stainless%20Rugers/Shifter.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have the full stock version of the AC 556 and it runs flawlessly. However it is not very accurate compared to an AR. With tailored hand loads will shoot 3.5- 4" groups at 100 yards. Still jot is a fun gun to shoot and I really like it. The only complaint is the weird burst fire mode.

• 2 months later...

If you have not resolved your problem - call the Ruger factory. If they still offer the service, they have parts and will fix the gun correctly and return it directly to you. The last one I sent to the factory for repair was a police trade-in that had the 3 round burst parts removed. They replaced the missing parts and a damaged stock - no charge.