Red Jacket Idea?

Doesn't look half bad with the shortened barrel. Removing the butt stock and using a

XX mag would make it even better.

I contacted Thompson Machine last week regarding a subgun suppressor and

they stated that their new model was no hearing protection required and 12" long.

Food for thought,

Darryl

Edited by darrylta

David,

I'd love to buy it, but last month I already bought a deactivated M1928A1 and a Mauser M712, so not a lot of funds left at the moment and the wife would not be pleased!

Attached are a few more pictures the seller sent me this morning, does this make it an 'Auto Ordnance' manufactured M1A1? Being away from home, I can’t check my own reference books.

Also from that information any idea of time frames of the manufacture of this one from the serial no. Would that fit into a date line that the OSS may have been using modified Thompsons?

Indeed does anyone know any history about these ‘OSS M1A1’s’; I was wondering if it is original or if someone has 'played around' with it in his workshop and labeled it as an 'OSS M1A1'?

I am watching it, but if it is genuine I am sure it will sell quickly, oh, the frame and receiver serials no.s don't match I was also informed.

Stay safe

Richard

P1050215.JPG

P1050213.JPG

look in old issues of "Machie Gun News" April "92 Tinkering with Thompsons pg 8 and 9.(photos "F" "A" and "B", it shows a short barrel which is made to accept a Mac-10 suppressor. the short barrel is also shown in an article in June "92, photo "C". I've researched and found out that Bill Richardson claims to have made a very small number of these many years ago. I have one of these short barrels, I also have pics, but can't post them. (do not know how to)

I read the the famous First Special Service Force hand to hand combat instuctor Pat O'Niell used to carry a Thompson on night patrol. It sounds gruesom but he kept the gun on single, and prefered a single shot to the face to cutting throats. He claimed at close range the shot was very quiet and extremly efective. He did a lot of night patrols across enemy lines at Anzio, and never got shot or captured so it must have worked.

Wellllllll, looks like Karma finally kicked in and these bozos are right in the middle of a sh*t storm...

http://www.thetrutha...oses-their-ffl/

Will Hayden and his motley crew of incompetent rubes in the bayou certainly seem to be living up to how they come across on TV. Still Red Jacket has it's own diehard base of adoring fans over on UziTalk where they have dedicated a whole forum for their fan club to defend and idolize Will & the gang. Speaks to the power of TV.

It's seems that Vince (I think that's his name), the one guy on the show that seemed to be relatively competent has left Red Jacket for greener pastures.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?98-Red-Jacket-Firearms

There is a deactivated OSS M1A1 complete with fitted silencer for sale in the UK at the moment:

http://www.dandbmili...-749-7976-p.asp

offline....."Product Not Found " :(

Does anyone have saved the pictures?

It sold quite quickly! I saved some photo's, but they are marked copyrighted by the company selling it, so don't think I can post on here?

Stay safe

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an Uzi with a Gemtech suppressor. A can is pretty handy on an Uzi, but I really wouldn't think a TSMG would benefit much. On the Uzi the can does not get in the way of the sights.

Curl

Gotta agree with you. Why spoil the Thompson's classic/Americana looks with a suppressor? Especially when so many powerful and light weight SMGS exist for special ops to choose from.

Edited by T Hound