New Thompson SBR Turnaround

Maybe you buy a different gun first (non SBR) - then get it SBR'd. So at worst case you would still have the gun!

Actually though I think they will process all forms that have in the hopper - they might shut the doors at some point (I hope not!) but I also will bet they will be a veeeeery long turn around time!

JMHO...

I would think that the entire NFA community is flying below the public and media radar. Since there is no crime committed with registered NFA articles, I think it'll stay that way. Might wanna stock up on ammo and mags, tho.

I think the much faster way to do this would be to by a semi, and send in the Form 1

to make an SBR. Then when you get the Form back buy a 10.5" barrel and do the change.

It will probably be less expensive this way too, and there would be no sacrifice in quality.

It takes less time to do a Form 1 since you are registering and making a firearm (SBR)

and they don't have to check the registry and previous records (since there are none)

to make sure that every I is dotted and T is crossed...

Bob

I would think that the entire NFA community is flying below the public and media radar. Since there is no crime committed with registered NFA articles, I think it'll stay that way. Might wanna stock up on ammo and mags, tho.

That is what we thought in 1986 and look how well that turned out.

In my own little opinion I don't think NFA items will be effected on this time around out side of being able to obtain cheap magazines, I have heard some politicians mention "Romany for one during the presidential debate" that machine guns are already illegal to own by the public. Another 20 years after they gain a good foot hold on securing or controlling most of the honest citizens fire arms, and the knowledge of the fact you can own a full auto fire arm legally becomes common knowledge to the public, who knows ??? They have to make themselves necessary, after you get all the bank robbers what are you going to do next ? Go after the Jay Walkers. Edited by GUTTERRATT

In my own little opinion I don't think NFA items will be effected on this time around out side of being able to obtain cheap magazines, I have heard some politicians mention "Romany for one during the presidential debate" that machine guns are already illegal to own by the public. Another 20 years after they gain a good foot hold on securing or controlling most of the honest citizens fire arms and the knowledge of the fact you can own a full auto fire arm legally becomes common knowledge to the public, who knows ??? They have to make themselves necessary, after you get all the bank robbers what are you going to do next ? Go after the Jay Walkers.

NFA owners were blindsided in 86. NFA firearms had not been a topic of discussion until the final vote.

In my own little opinion I don't think NFA items will be effected on this time around out side of being able to obtain cheap magazines, I have heard some politicians mention "Romany for one during the presidential debate" that machine guns are already illegal to own by the public. Another 20 years after they gain a good foot hold on securing or controlling most of the honest citizens fire arms and the knowledge of the fact you can own a full auto fire arm legally becomes common knowledge to the public, who knows ??? They have to make themselves necessary, after you get all the bank robbers what are you going to do next ? Go after the Jay Walkers.

NFA owners were blindsided in 86. NFA firearms had not been a topic of discussion until the final vote.

So the NRA didn't edorse it as everyone asserts?

So the NRA didn't edorse it as everyone asserts?

The NRA did not raise ONE objection to it once the amendment was announced and has yet to do so until this day. Silence is a form of endorsement.

If you will read my previous statement, I said NFA owners were blindsided, not the NRA.

• 3 weeks later...

Until the CT shooting, NFA turnaround time for Form 1 and Form 4 was approximately 6 months. I will very soon be submitting another Form 4 and was told to now expect a wait time of 8-9 months. Apparently, the workload of the BATFE has increase substantially in the past few weeks.

You can monitor NFA turnaround time using this website:

www.nfatracker.com

I've found this site to be generally accurate.

Enjoy your SBR Thompson. I have both a 1927 SBR and an M1 SBR and really love them.