Kahr C-Drum Serial Number Information For Pinned Post

• 2 weeks later...

I'll donate my info: 2 Kahr drums, #000464 marked both sides.

Other is #1341, back side only, brown-blue finish. Almost plum. That's the way it came.-adlake

I'll donate my info: 2 Kahr drums, #000464 marked both sides.

Other is #1341, back side only, brown-blue finish. Almost plum. That's the way it came.-adlake

David,

Mine is No. 002608. No number on front.

http://rbsiii.com/Kahr_C_drum/Kahr_C_Drum_details.jpg

Conventional wisdom is that nothing over 002500 will run, but that's not so. This drum runs like a top. However, I did have to tinker with it to make it run. I posted a thread about my tinkering some time back, some might remember.

Curl

David

Ordered one last November (before the shooting) and the run on everything...

Just came in last week. (May 2013)

Only body is numbered 004709. This is their most recent shipment. Have not had a chance to test fire it yet to see if it runs. Will post an update once I get a chance to do that.

Cheers

Sandman1957

Kahr manufactured C-Drum number 1298 is put in the back only.

But if I can find a good engraver I will have the front done.

Merle checked out the drum so it is in spec and he nickeled the rotor at the same time.

I got the pouch in the 1990's from West Hurley.

Robert

970898_10201239450496874_1851732732_n.jp

Edited by roertmcw

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a "C" drum,supposedly unused by original owner???? Can anybody comment on a fiar price? It has the original box, with users manual. Serial# 001366. Thanks for any help!!!

A fair price for a Kahr C drum....check the completed Gunbroker auctions or check with Tommygunner on what the price is to have one dropped shipped to your door from Kahr. They were $600 and up during the assault weapon ban scare but have starting coming back down in price along with the other potentially banned items.

I had Merle go through two Kahr C drums and tune them up. Merle left my "C" drum rotors in their factory blue.

Edited by Bridgeport28A1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info Bridge28. Can you give me Merle's contact info? I have been looking, but it eludes me till today. I would like to get the rotor on my C drum nickled and checked for any defects. Any info you can forward would be helpful. MY home number is 843-824-8316. Thanks again!

Ken Caro

Thanks for the info Bridge28. Can you give me Merle's contact info? I have been looking, but it eludes me till today. I would like to get the rotor on my C drum nickled and checked for any defects. Any info you can forward would be helpful. MY home number is 843-824-8316. Thanks again!

Ken Caro

Ken, Merle's contact information is in the FAQ reference thread at the top of the board.

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2706

• 10 months later...
I have just acquired C drum 202 the 3rd c drum made by Kahr numbered front and back. Tuned up by Merle Edited by GUTTERRATT

I have just acquired C drum 202 the 3rd c drum made by Kahr numbered front and back. Tuned up by Merle

3rd C frum made by Kahr? Serial #'s started at 200? That's news...at least to me. What is your source of information?

I have just acquired C drum 202 the 3rd c drum made by Kahr numbered front and back. Tuned up by Merle

3rd C frum made by Kahr? Serial #'s started at 200? That's news...at least to me. What is your source of information?

Merle, He obtained this drum new from Kahr 3rd in production... Edited by GUTTERRATT

Merle, He obtained this drum new from Kahr 3rd in production...

When I brought my C drum from Merle (#209), I don't recall Merle telling me he got the 1st drums made but my memory isn't what it used to be. LOL. Seems I recall he had 10 drums at the time and offered me a choice of the serial #'s not already spoken for. Nice to know mine is the 10th one made. Thanks for the info.

Merle reworked my WH "C" a couple of months ago, it runs flawlessly. He didn't speak well of current production Kahr drums. I got the feeling he was exasperated by trying to point them in the right direction, and that all now coming out would need spring work.

Merle, He obtained this drum new from Kahr 3rd in production...

When I brought my C drum from Merle (#209), I don't recall Merle telling me he got the 1st drums made but my memory isn't what it used to be. LOL. Seems I recall he had 10 drums at the time and offered me a choice of the serial #'s not already spoken for. Nice to know mine is the 10th one made. Thanks for the info.

He didn't own the first 2 and this one wasn't and still isn't for sale...

Edited by GUTTERRATT

I have 2 of them and the one I have out is #1266, marked front and back.

I am not sure if Kahr or West Hurley, I think the latter as I got them many years ago.

Sent them to Merle without even opening them for him to do his thing and nickel the rotors.

I had not noticed they put the 1920 patent dates on the drum?

Sounds a little odd since I thought the Colts were marked 1921?

Edited by OldFalGuy