Pictures required for Thompson transfer?

This is what I get for letting someone else fill out forms... Anyhow now they are requesting photos to "account for discrepancy"? This is a dewat transfer...

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p178/z3bigdaddy/Thompson%20Stuff/DSC_0166_zps3256fbd4.jpg

Hi Big Daddy,

Your not the only one, so don't feel bad :)

I know of a couple of other instances recently where they asked for pictures on transfers for friends of mine also.

Good advise for everyone, fill out the paperwork yourself if you can!!!!!!

Hope all is well with you and your keeping everyone in line down there Mr. C...

I like to fill out my own paperwork because others can get amazingly creative when all that's needed is to copy the existing (approved!) entries, regardless of whether or not you feel that they're "correct". I ask for a copy of the existing form 3 or 4 to use as a template, and then copy it precisely. Have not had one bounced back yet.

Very common now.

In the last year, every transfer (about a dozen) have been kicked back at least once for some error in the registry.

One gun was kicked back 5 times as we were playing the "see if you can match what I'm thinking" program.

Past two transfer F3's of the gun were provided but they did not match what was in the registry.

I take pictures of every transfer now showing the engraving and the full gun just in case there is a question :-(

Very common now.

In the last year, every transfer (about a dozen) have been kicked back at least once for some error in the registry.

One gun was kicked back 5 times as we were playing the "see if you can match what I'm thinking" program.

Past two transfer F3's of the gun were provided but they did not match what was in the registry.

I take pictures of every transfer now showing the engraving and the full gun just in case there is a question :-(

Very wise move. Making the registry more accurate, while noble, will be painful....

I think they're using the "making it more accurate" phrase to try and indefinitely delay transfers to the point where people give up.

I say it again, this is govt. at its worst. Especially when they (govt.) doesn't have to account to anyone who effects their job, future or paycheck. Their only customer is us and the 1934 NFA was designed so as we would not go through all these hoops. It was never designed to accommodate all of "us". So now we live with a 80 year old govt. act that no lawmaker wants to touch. All the more reasons that every new law should have a sunset clause.

Well, there were posts on this same topic last year regarding corrections to the registry. One of the reasons given at that time were some SOTs were cutting up inexpensive NFA guns, and using those serial numbers on more expensive guns. This led to the edict to ensure each serial number is accurate etc. The side effect is having to "correct" Form 4s with "older" info, and after you get the gun, correcting it with photos later. If there is a conspiracy, it started with greed within the NFA COLLECTORS side. Never heard if they got convicted, and if so, what the sentences were. Maybe the Lone Ranger can chime in. He provided very rational and relevant info last time around, and to say I had my skivies in a wad then, was an understatement. AS ALWAYS. Lone Ranger to the rescue with the correct answers and talking us off the ledge. Bottom line, get the Form Fours "corrected" and move on.

S/Fi,

Sandman1957

It would be hard to deny that the amount of scrutiny we're seeing today is not the result of that event. Convictions, plea bargins and harsh sentences were plentiful.

If you submit an F4 for an item that has not recently transferred and the overall length differs

from the original form (and a recent letter or picture is not on file), expect to be asked for pictures

of the item next to a ruler to document the new OAL.

Some other items will also get automatically kicked back for pictures.

For example, it appears every Vector factory mini-uzi MG was registered using the OAL of a full-size.

The ATF knows these are all wrong and will ask you to document the correct length before approving

a transfer with the correct OAL.