Anyone see the price on the M1?

I noticed it had a mismatched lower and receiver, which wouldn't be that unusual, but that asking price seems awfully high for a mismatched gun to me. Someone must have liked the looks of it a lot if it sold for anywhere near that price.

Ruben's site is like gunbroker.

When you are selling single item, you don't care what the average person thinks about the price.

He only needs that one guy out of 320 million people who wants the gun bad enough to pay an extra 10% or 20%

So he just puts the guns up on his site and waits for that "special someone".

I got my M1 Thompson (the nickel plated one) last year for 12k, and I've put about 2k into it to make it look totally original. That kind of profit margin almost makes me want to sell mine. Almost.

Don't automatically assume it sold for anywhere near 24K. Sort of like the C+R 50's for 55K. That's about double what they are going for......and about triple what he would offer you to buy yours. It's the internet, things are not always as they appear. While the pond may have 320 mil in it, the odds of gaffing a giant sucker that's loaded with 24k is very slim.

I bought a BAR from Rubin a couple of years ago, the listed price and what I paid for it were substantially different. He has bargaining room in the listed prices.

He has some nice stuff, plus he's a reputable dealer, so this is worth keeping in mind.

I bought a BAR from Rubin a couple of years ago, the listed price and what I paid for it were substantially different. He has bargaining room in the listed prices.

He has some nice stuff, plus he's a reputable dealer, so this is worth keeping in mind.

Yes he does and yes it is, Robert.

If were talking Rubin in Miami, I got my Thompson from him and he had it for a while and he bargained himself way down. I was happy, real nice guy too.