I need a .30 US Lewis barrel

I have a US M1917 .30 Lewis that was dewatted by filling the barrel with weld. Both ends! If anyone has a .30 Lewis barrel hiding in their closet, or knows where one may be hiding, please let me know.

I also need a gas regulator cup (the part that the gas regulator key holds in place). Any .30 US pan magazines are also welcome!

This Lewis was apparently used by the British Home Guard as it looks exactly like the illustration on the cover of the little 1940 pamphlet "The .300 Lewis".

• 2 weeks later...

The one on GunBroker went for $460. A bit out of my range since I had to buy a new lawn tractor this week. I missed Knob Creek last Spring, but will be there next month. I'll check with Bob Landis and Curt Wolfe later this week.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I actually contacted Green Mountain Rifle Barrel and inquired about have NEW Lewis gun barrels manufactured.

They said it was possible and actually not all that expensive either.

I only had a 303 barrel I could provide for dimensions.

I may still do this in the future as those surplus barrels at IMA & GPC can be real hit and miss.

They will run out as no more and be imported.

Right now I have too many other commitments to place the resources into have 100+ barrels made.

Richard

I won one of those auctions. The seller has a few more that he will be putting up on GunBroker. So if anyone needs a .30 barrel, this may be your opportunity!

Thanks for all the help! Now I just need to wait for ATF to approve the Form1 so I can reactivate the beasty!

• 2 weeks later...

The barrel I got is interesting. The bore is very nice and it looks very good except for some wrench marks about six inches above the breech.

My gun is a US M1917 .30-06 gun that went to Britain in 1940 to arm the Home Guard. It had the barrel casing and radiator removed and a crude handgrip added to the front of the barrel mount.

Barrel markings on the breech are:

SAC on front of the flange

Behind the flange is "U.S.N. MARK. VI. No10847"

Under that is a 'P' inside a circle, a 'U' over a '12', and then the anchor mark.

If by some miracle, someone has that Navy gun 10847, I'll gladly trade barrels.

Otherwise, I'm sitting on my hands waiting for Form1 approval.