American Eagle

shipping for 5,000 rounds was $180....crazy!!!!!

ive paid $310 a case S&B shipped from Sportsmans warehouse (im a member)

i was happy with $280 a case until i saw the shipping....looked for a code for palmetto but couldnt find one for free shipping or any that worked for that matter

find me $280 a case w/ free or low price shipping and ill grab another 5,000 rounds before Hillary says no more

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/CCI-45-Auto-Speer-Lawman-Ammunition-CCI53653-230-G-p/cci53653case.htm

better deal w/ better shipping...$298 shipped per case.....still not cheap enough to get me to bite....$279 before shipping for Speer lawman (only 5 cases left)

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/armscor-45-acp-fmj-230-grain-1000-rounds?a=2071144

just bought 5,000 here...w/ shipping it was $272 a case for armscor

im a member and used coupon code sk1808 which -$100 off my order

shipping was $20 for 5,000 rounds vs $180 at palmetto

Edited by huggytree

how many hours do you spend to save that $100 per 1000 though? plus you had to buy the brass and equipment originally, so that has to be in the equation....so maybe now your down to saving $60-75 depending on how much youve reloaded over your lifetime

and its such boring work...i used to reload also...i sold all my stuff....just not worth it....but ive known guys who enjoy reloading

to each his own

Edited by huggytree

My xl650 will easily do 500/hour even when I stop to weigh charges. I get over 5 uses per case, I buy some brass but pick up range brass and have thousands in reserve. Good music, and I am off and running. I have had my rl550b for23 years and my xl650 for 2. I like to reload. Plus I have components that even if they all dry up, I can still shoot for years and years and not worry about running out of fun.

i had a single stage Lee.....it took forever....boring as hell....a friend used to set his up in front of a TV....but i always thought that was dangerous w/o 100% attention...but then again i dont think a double powder charge would even fit in a shell, so you'd notice it..

i also had issues once with using a different grain 9mm....i loaded 1000 and later found them to be crazy inaccurate....15 years later i still have a few hundred left...waiting for my uzi and mac to get approved to just blow them off.......lesson===test before loading 1000

my hobby is working too much.....my off time is spent thinking about work....my dreams are about working.......so i guess reloading may be a more enjoyable hobby if it relaxes you

i had a single stage Lee.....it took forever....boring as hell....a friend used to set his up in front of a TV....but i always thought that was dangerous w/o 100% attention...but then again i dont think a double powder charge would even fit in a shell, so you'd notice it..

i also had issues once with using a different grain 9mm....i loaded 1000 and later found them to be crazy inaccurate....15 years later i still have a few hundred left...waiting for my uzi and mac to get approved to just blow them off.......lesson===test before loading 1000

my hobby is working too much.....my off time is spent thinking about work....my dreams are about working.......so i guess reloading may be a more enjoyable hobby if it relaxes you

After I gauge my cases, the ones that I do not like are run through my xds. My only distraction that I find dangerous in my girlfriend, but she is easy to tune out. Every once in awhile she asks if she is talking to herself, I then I give the usual answer, yup, uh huh, sure.

Then there's ammoman.com

They pay the freight on orders over $99.

Great guys to deal with, the prices are very good; plus it's fast FedEx shipping. I'm very happy with them. FWIW

Road Ron

I will second that.

Eric

I would watch out for that Armscor ammo. We had some at the TATA Show and Shoot in July that someone was trying to unload for $200/thousand because of some issue with the ammo. I don't recall specifics, but perhaps someone on the board can fill us in on the concern.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Second for Freedom Munitions .45. They usually have 5% off a few times a month, and every so often 5% off with free shipping. I always get the reman and have never had a problem.