Just Purchased an Ingram Model 6 at Auction

Look for an original replacement . Ive found 2 partial parts kits and have 2 spare stocks but have never found a replacement front grip. Ive seen many front grips that have cracked in 1/2 along the grain in the wood and were poorly repaired. Your guns damage isnt that bad. Take some stain and darken those areas to make it less visible .

Look for an original replacement . Ive found 2 partial parts kits and have 2 spare stocks but have never found a replacement front grip. Ive seen many front grips that have cracked in 1/2 along the grain in the wood and were poorly repaired. Your guns damage isnt that bad. Take some stain and darken those areas to make it less visible .

Thanks so much. I will do that. My front grip is in fantastic condition with no cracks. Just those two gouges. Thanks again.

Example of the cracked grip

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7133-police-ordnance-ingram-model-6/

Close to 50% of the ones Ive seen for sale have a repaired front grip. Your lucky yours is good in that way.

You got your gun under market imo. I like it

Edited by huggytree

Stain is not a good idea. You're unlikely to match the color of the rest of the grip which was not stained. Take a fine file and break any sharp edges but don't remove anything more than an absolute minimum of material. Get a can of boiled linseed oil and an old toothbrush. Work the BLO into the damaged area; it will probably take several coats to match the rest of the grip.

I would fill the gouges, but I have access to materials and techniques that most people don't. If you can't, probably the best bet is to set it aside and have Dan Block make a new one and leave the original alone for now until someone can do a professional repair or maybe an original comes up for sale? They are rather simple to make. If you mess with it or file it, that can't really be undone. I've repaired several 190.. Winchester semi's that had broken forearms. One was in 4 pieces, but the hardest one to repair was the one that had "already been repaired".

Spares do pop up once in a blue moon. I have one, but it's not for sale so they do come up, but I'm sure you'd be pleased with Dan's work. HTH

Stain is not a good idea. You're unlikely to match the color of the rest of the grip which was not stained. Take a fine file and break any sharp edges but don't remove anything more than an absolute minimum of material. Get a can of boiled linseed oil and an old toothbrush. Work the BLO into the damaged area; it will probably take several coats to match the rest of the grip.

I agree with StrangeRanger's recommendation.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com