Contents of the spare parts bag

So I have been picking up items for a Thompson M1 or an M1A1 that I am hoping to buy early next year. One of the items is a spare parts bag, which of course held spare parts for the Thompson military guns. I was searching the internet for the correct contents of this bag, and I found this list on the IMA website. I am working my way through these parts, picking them up one at a time. One part I have not been able to find, and I am hoping that someone on this site has one and is willing to sell it. I am looking for the Envelope, Fabric, One Snap, 3x3 1/8 inches. Also, if anyone knows what was stored in the Envelope, Fabric, please let me know.

Mark

post-275737-0-23894400-1635257747_thumb.jpegpost-275737-0-61704700-1635257813_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Rabbit57

gijive, thank you!

Can you tell me what is in the wax paper looking bag? The oil bottle looks like an early one, and I was not aware that they carried the cleaning solution and the oil, but it certainly makes sense. It looks like I need to add a few items to my list!
Mark

Hello jim c 351,

Mr Frank Iannamico's book on the military Thompson lists this canvas spare parts bag was also used with the M1917 Browning machine gun and occasionally issued with the Thompson submachine gun. The leather spare parts case M1918 is mentioned too, it was used to carry extra parts and some small accessories. I am interested in putting together the canvas parts bag, with the correct spares included.

post-275737-0-27313900-1635285902_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rabbit57

They have also been known to carry m&ms and a Hershey bar a few times.YEAH A OLD VETS STORY.

just like the metal spare parts box found in a hardware store with hooks. and lure weights in it. some rust a $100 bucks.

RON K.

the guy that bought that from me did not get the hooks and weights. but some brushes and colt parts added in.and springs.

i think it made his hardcase shine.

Edited by colt21a