Shooting today

My reising is currently width a nfa dealer waiting on my approval,,,as of the 8th this month it will be 10 months. The dealer has a indoor range and I come there for a visit ever so often.

Last time I was there the gun ran just fine but this time I had regular failure's to feed and then when a round was chambered the round would not discharge. I found that the primer strike was barley noticeable on the primer and looking at the other spent shell casings the strike was significant.

I can not take the gun out of the business so I had to leave it there :( of course. My question, has the firing pin broke?? I have read on here that can happen . I know for a fact the innards are dirty and I'm sure the gun has not been maintained as it should, I assume the broken firing pin ( if it is) and the dirt is a factor causing the breakage ?.

I have a titanium pin that I bought from Keystone,,, he told me with this pin I do not need to modify the pin,, is that right? since the pin is lightweight compared to OEM.

I do have a nfa/dealer gun smith located very close to me and I want him to go thru the gun and replaced the old springs that are in FCG. and fix this issue that developed yesterday.

Thoughts ?

It does sound like a broken firing pin the way you described it.

The Ti is a Band-Aid to the problem. Not a solution. The conversion of the firing pin to a inertia fire pin is relatively easy. I did it to mine though I had to file mine in the guide area since the firing pin didn't move far enough back so the hammer could hit it. With it being an inertia driven firing pin, you never need to worry the flex between the hammer and the round stressing out the metal of the firing pin due to flex.

Take a look at this post: http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8854

Edited by Ryo

Ok great !! when I finally get the gun released to me I will work on that issue,,, I did purchase a titanium pin from "Keystone" was that a good direction to take or not?

I do have a Class 3 gunsmith I plan to take it to for a going over completely. I have a spring set to install as well... I will try to have him sit down with me and show me how to take it down for cleaning etc etc.

There is no form 3 or form 4 transfer required for repairs. So you can have it done.

Taking the Reising apart is pretty straightforward. Only warning is remember which side the two pins you punch out go to. They are custom sized. Photograph as you go along.. Images are cheap and very helpful for remembering where things go.

Haver you started looking for magazines? Don't be shell-shocked on the prices!

There is no form 3 or form 4 transfer required for repairs. So you can have it done.

Taking the Reising apart is pretty straightforward. Only warning is remember which side the two pins you punch out go to. They are custom sized. Photograph as you go along.. Images are cheap and very helpful for remembering where things go.

Haver you started looking for magazines? Don't be shell-shocked on the prices!

The dealer, and the class III gunsmith who is also a class III dealer, they are in the same metro area within driving distance of each other. Can the holding dealer just take the gun to the gunsmith by vehicle ??

Yes, he can deliver/pickup from the gunsmith for repair. It's good to leave a copy of the current Form 3 and a brief note indicating it is there for repair (just in case an inspector happens to come by).

FYI, my Reising did the same thing the second time I shot it (broke an original firing pin). It broke a titanium firing pin after a little while (I hadn't done the inertia mod). I then did the inertia mod and it has continued to work without issue for some time (at least until I jinx myself by posting in this thread ;)).

Yes, he can deliver/pickup from the gunsmith for repair. It's good to leave a copy of the current Form 3 and a brief note indicating it is there for repair (just in case an inspector happens to come by).

FYI, my Reising did the same thing the second time I shot it (broke an original firing pin). It broke a titanium firing pin after a little while (I hadn't done the inertia mod). I then did the inertia mod and it has continued to work without issue for some time (at least until I jinx myself by posting in this thread ;)).

Where did you obtain a non Titanium firing pin?? I can have the mod done.

Where did you obtain a non Titanium firing pin?? I can have the mod done.

Keystone has them. If they don't show in stock, Give them. Note that sometimes they take along time responding if contacting via email. They are really busy from my understanding. They are good people.. they were able to give me Reising magazine shells for my Reising drum project I am working on. Took them months to do it, but they surprising got back to me about it.