Really nice SA Factory select fire M1A on Gunbroker; One more day on auction

Rekraps

I could use some help to copy the link.... ugh!

Anyway, current price is $18K and the gun comes with tons of accessories. If I had the cash......

I confirmed with the owner that the gun is not a conversion, factory select fire.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/959319607

this one?

It's a conversion done by SA in Geneseo.  They took M1A receivers and welded on the lug,  Still a nice gun.  I have a couple and an actual M14 by the actual Springfield armory, not Springfield Armory Inc 2nd edition (which this is).  I have another conversion of an Springfield armory Inc.  Devine TX, but not done by Elmer, because he apparently did not do any FA conversions, though some of his guns were converted by others? 

Not all that much there for accy.  The bipod looks iffy?   Could be $70, or it could be original, but it doesn't look like it?

Looks like there may be a buyer....if he pays.  I'm 3-4 weeks out on non paying bidder...so far.  He did call with a medical condition excuse a week ago. LOL

Yes. Interesting

You're right about the bipod and as far as accuracy, on FA we're just spraying tree lines.

I had no idea they did FA conversions on anything other than STD guns, kind of an oddity.  

On 12/18/2022 at 3:32 PM, Rekraps said:

Yes. Interesting

You're right about the bipod and as far as accuracy, on FA we're just spraying tree lines.

I had no idea they did FA conversions on anything other than STD guns, kind of an oddity.  

Springfield Armory, the commercial one not the original that closed in 1968, had a sister company called Rock Island Armory, NOT the gov't Rock Island Arsenal, did all the Class III stuff. The guy I spoke with said they did 125 "factory" select-fire M1A rifles. They sold for $795.00.

Everything you need to know about original M14s, M1As and their many clones are in this book The Last Steel Warrior II, hardback, lots of vintage and modern color photos,

https://chipotlepublishing.com/product/the-u-s-m14-rifle-the-last-steel-warrior-2nd-edition/ 

M14-Cover_500_650-231x300.jpg

4-66.jpg

• Like 1