Colt Thompson 1921 A.C # 8012

25 years ago, I was looking to purchase a Colt from a PA dealer he had many for sale. He offered me # 8012 and claimed it was a Saint Valentine Massacre gun. I was going through some old paperwork and found the ad. Never thought much about it but he claimed he bought it at auction from Chicago P.D. I have viewed SVM guns at many TCA events and never thought about asking Lt. Kline about it . I do not have one of Gordon Herigstad's books can someone who has a book look it up. Ron you must know something about it . 

DSCN6747 (2).JPG

DSCN6748 (2).JPG

I knew Joe and bought a few from him also the guy who helped Roger with his book. who was a buddy of Miller in Pa.Joe Michel he had a great collection behind the walls.{He had a pic of the Chicago police case} i sold decades ago. Sold him a minty new spare parts kit. and a minty 1927 semi Thompson.however converted back to f.a. in  the blank space they engraved AUTO on the lower, they are pictured in Rogers book having some fun. i also have all the pics of the Chicago guns and the numbers wrote about them in that flyer thompson story that Tracie put out along with the Scaramuzzo guns.recently AS far as #8012 what p.d. auction.HEADQUARTERS never had one as far as i am aware ever.#6349 was  a illinois state police gun i had with letter of the serials. And i sold a dual cook county sheriff's case toa member here. one of one. Like the Chicago p.d. case i had.

Maybe somebody will turn up with truth instead of all the b.s. they spread on this stuff. Gordon came to me with a lot of info and would ask me Ron what you think or did you find out something else.Roger and a few others had not been the only ones looking. 

Also know how they carried under over coat With the barrel issue.{ real interesting info.}and have a nice pic of the mods. i at least started with the Thompson when Bills book was out in 1969 i had a head start.and Miller and Joe had always been great people to deal with Gentleman, And so was Roger. 

Edited by colt21a

Oh yes the guy  i sold the package to Randy Bessler. for $10 g tried selling it to Don Snowden in vegas for $27 g the month or so after. and Told Don i wacked him for $20 g for the gun. I told Don nope $10g he called him back and said Liar just got off phone with Ron you paid him $10G next day and trying to hike me for $17 g?

i get a call next day what right Do i have to tell anybody... blah.. blah.. After awhile  i forgot caring what anybody said on Thompson deals

I figured it was all a big lie whatever the story. TOWARDS the last years too much drama... and i said fly out and see the gun already quit wasting time. a few did and bought, most trusted my pic's or details.Many a thompson collector lost some good deal on fine 21's and i sold the rest to some who took my word and a pic.

crazy times Chuck/ and yeah the lyman was bad. must have been laying in coal.take care My friend.

Melvin,

Yes, according to Gordon's research Joe Miller purchased # 8012 in 1998.  He didn't get it at an auction from the Chicago Police Department, either.  They haven't auctioned any Thompsons, as far as I am aware.  The identity of the two original guns used has been around since 1930 and it wasn't too hard for anyone to figure out what those number were if you have read anything about the Massacre.  Joe Miller was just "blowing smoke" with the St. Valentine's Day Massacre reference to # 8012.

Ron Kovar has the story right, it was just B.S.

• Like 1

I had a buddy on the railroad back in the day, late 70's, offered me his MG42 for $1,200.00. He was upfront, he would have doubled his money. I was young, low seniority, and $1,200 was a lot of money. Plus the $200 stamp, and the cost of ammo, I just could not justify the expense. I sure do wish I had figured out how to make that deal...
Mark