WWII Thompson Wedding

I think someone ought to do this again! LOL!

-told you I would find the pic! LOL!

WWII%20Wedding.jpg

2 minutes ago, pvt81pvi said:

What that say about the wedded couple, the troopers with their fingers on the triggers?

Never noticed that, I thought only 'irregulars' put their fingers on triggers, not regular soldiers.

I noted over the years how many ISIS terrorists and Taliban where not putting their fingers in their triggers, out if combat situations. Tell tale of previous experience with or training from the good guys ?

There are other photo's I have seen of WW2 time frame military weddings with arched Thompson's however the one I remember, there were no mags inserted.  I will attempt to locate. 

*A Note on finger on the trigger, if those gents had been there a while holding those heavy @ss guns, they might have got a case of noodle arm by then, I would assume in that event, they had to finger trigger grip them to hang on to them in that position.  May have reenacted the scene for more or better photo's as well

7 hours ago, thirtyround said:

There are other photo's I have seen of WW2 time frame military weddings with arched Thompson's however the one I remember, there were no mags inserted.  I will attempt to locate. 

*A Note on finger on the trigger, if those gents had been there a while holding those heavy @ss guns, they might have got a case of noodle arm by then, I would assume in that event, they had to finger trigger grip them to hang on to them in that position.  May have reenacted the scene for more or better photo's as well

👌 Good point, excuse for Lewis gunners too.

Edited by rpbcps