drum mag

reichstall

If there ever was an SMG that needed a drum and didn't have one...

However there appears to be no chain of dummy cartridges to fill the tower when the rotor hits end of travel.  Strong possibility of the next round misfeeding and causing a jam.  I'd have to see it in operation

Given that the mag catch on a Reising is not the strongest of designs, I also have questions about its ability to consistently retain that much weight

The maker is a great guy and the drums work extremely well.  I bought one and have tried it in 3 different Reisings and it worked in all of them.  You can put dummy rounds (I think around 8-9) as the last rounds or I just fill with live rounds and when it stops shooting you have some left in the tower.  It is heavier with the drum on of course (but it gets lighter very quickly, lol) and some mag latches on Reisings are, shall we say "squirrelly", so I tend to hold the mag well and put pressure on the latch, much like I might do with a 30 round mag.  I have shot it several times without holding the magwell or drum and it never fell out or malfunctioned.  FWIW