M60e6 on Garand Thumb

The original M60's had a problem with rapid wear of the operating rod tower & the bolt.  This is a problem for civilian owners considering the cost to replace those 2 parts.  Supposedly, the E6 doesn't have this problem.  I wish you would of talked about that as this information is just not out there!

On 9/9/2023 at 3:20 PM, brucea4 said:

The original M60's had a problem with rapid wear of the operating rod tower & the bolt.  This is a problem for civilian owners considering the cost to replace those 2 parts.  Supposedly, the E6 doesn't have this problem.  I wish you would of talked about that as this information is just not out there!

I guess at the prices of these guns today, if you can afford the gun, you can afford the parts.

Lol......I am only half joking.

Eric

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2023 at 2:21 AM, michaelkih said:

Cool to see another E6 video.  I have enjoyed mine for nearly 10 years now!  Crazy to think about.  

Glad you liked it - I thought he did better than his typical entertainment-only oriented videos...

On 9/16/2023 at 8:43 AM, johnsonlmg41 said:

I don't see the wear issues being that serious.    If that guy slaps that laser sight one more time, I'm going to slap him in the head! 

That gun is missing the rail adapted chainsaw.   Who puts a flashlight on an M60, unless he's shooting coons out of trees?

No kidding. Any more accessories and he'll have to rent a trailer to transport that thing. Plus, his Rolex sure looks spiffy new!