British Mag pouches?

Everything looks British except the mounting points are atypical.  All the British web gear that I've seen uses the double-ended wire hooks that fit into the pockets in the web belt; also there's no attachment point for the braces

• 1 month later...

South African R-4 rifle 35 round magazine pouches.  The magazines were identical to Israeli Galil 5.56 mags which were made in steel and aluminum versions. How do I know? I won a Gunbroker auction for some South African unissued web gear years ago. Included were two mag pouches identical to the one shown, as well as a sling and some other odds and ends. The sling is identical in construction to an Israeli Galil sling but is the same color as the pouches and has no markings. The package was posted from South Africa. 

Edited by TSMGguy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TSMGguy said:

South African R-4 rifle 35 round magazine pouches.  The magazines were identical to Israeli Galil 5.56 mags which were made in steel and aluminum versions. How do I know? I won a Gunbroker auction for some South African unissued web gear years ago. Included were two mag pouches identical to the one shown, as well as a sling and some other odds and ends. The sling is identical in construction to an Israeli Galil sling but is the same color as the pouches and has no markings. The package was posted from South Africa. 

Looks like you are exactly correct! Thank you!

Ron