My Bren MKI and Lewis Gun

Since this is the Bren and Lewis section of the forum, here you go.

Original full auto Bren MkI.  Have had this gun for about 6 years now.  A true gem!

IMG_4185.thumb.jpeg.cac7ff6474e30d5c35abdfea5091c3bc.jpeg

Original full auto Lewis Gun.  Have had this gun for about 5 years now.  One of those guns I didn’t know I wanted until I got it, and now I can’t imagine not having it!

IMG_4029.thumb.jpeg.8a335d97fb083707350ec58adcbe4833.jpegIMG_4034.thumb.jpeg.97423f1aff4d2b3c3d5b24fbb348345d.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 4:04 AM, johnsonlmg41 said:

Brens are nice but I'm more a fan of the Lewis gun.  Must be the smooth curvy lines of the Lewis? Or the smell of warm burning powder on a chilly morning wafting back through the jacket.  No other gun gives you that 4D experience.

20231119_075052[1].jpg

That's an incredible BREN you have there!

Beautiful guns! I enjoyed your videos of these on YouTube. 

I currently own a Lewis and its a blast on the range (no pun intended). 

I have a transferable Bren MKI* in transfer to me at the moment, complete with spare barrel/parts, a pile of mags and a tripod with the AA extension arms. I am counting down the days. I will post a family photo when I have it!

BREN LMG's are very cool from the historical perspective, and are good fun on the range!
Fortunately there are still spare barrels and parts available.
The wood is getting to the point where it is being manufactured now as original wood is looking rough.

Richard

IMG_20190902_1652301~2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2023 at 11:09 AM, APEXgunparts said:

BREN LMG's are very cool from the historical perspective, and are good fun on the range!
Fortunately there are still spare barrels and parts available.
The wood is getting to the point where it is being manufactured now as original wood is looking rough.

Richard

IMG_20190902_1652301~2.jpg

Who is the maker of this wood? The wood looks awesome. I could sure use some for my Mk1 and Mk2 kits.

2 hours ago, raexcct2 said:

Who is the maker of this wood? The wood looks awesome. I could sure use some for my Mk1 and Mk2 kits.

There is a gent in the UK that makes the set, grip, stock and carry handle.
I met him at the SAR show one year (buying NOS BREN gun covers off of our tables)
He brought me the set of wood to the SAR show the following year, packed it over in his suitcase.
Apparently he had a set of wood lost to a customs inspection and so would not ship them anymore.

New made wood products require a special dept of Agriculture(?) form (PPQ 585?) to clear Customs, and he had never gone thru that drill.
So, I waited a year for my nice wood.
It does require fitting to the gun, just some filing.

Richard

• Upvote 1

Richard,

Thanks for the update. I figured it would require an ATF Form 6 but never heard of the other form. 

On 2/9/2024 at 12:45 PM, APEXgunparts said:

There is a gent in the UK that makes the set, grip, stock and carry handle.
I met him at the SAR show one year (buying NOS BREN gun covers off of our tables)
He brought me the set of wood to the SAR show the following year, packed it over in his suitcase.
Apparently he had a set of wood lost to a customs inspection and so would not ship them anymore.

New made wood products require a special dept of Agriculture(?) form (PPQ 585?) to clear Customs, and he had never gone thru that drill.
So, I waited a year for my nice wood.
It does require fitting to the gun, just some filing.

Richard