Fair market value for a transferrable Owen "tube" SMG?

maxfaxdude

How much was the tube gun at the show?

I wouldn't hesitate to strip the paint off a tube gun...if the price was right?  The color on yours I could live with easily, but I have seen one or two that are hard on the eyes, like some Austen's.  I have one or two guns I have had to learn to live with to appreciate over time...but it took a while?

• 2 weeks later...

I shot one of the Goldman tube guns many years ago. It ate up 9mm Para like salted peanuts. Although a Southpaw it worked OK for me.

IMHO the Owen was one of the best old school mill and lathe machined SMGs ever. The other is a UD42 . Always thought them weird and not handy until I actually fired one. The top mount mag isn't as bad as thought ! 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, PTRS-14.5 said:

The one on Curt's table at SAR was asking $28K. I passed on that for a tube gun.

Thx

Charlie A&O C3

I looked at that OWEN too.
I didn't care much for the camo paint job.
The tag said $30K.

Last Australian issue OWEN I saw was years back at Knob Creek.
It was $32K and didn't last more than a couple of hours.

Richard

31 minutes ago, APEXgunparts said:

I looked at that OWEN too.
I didn't care much for the camo paint job.
The tag said $30K.

Last Australian issue OWEN I saw was years back at Knob Creek.
It was $32K and didn't last more than a couple of hours.

Richard

Actually, the tag said $32 K.  I took a pic (see it below).  Too much for a tube gun IMO.  But Owens do not come up very often in any form. 

20231201_164946.jpg

20231201_164955.jpg

My question would be did it get painted in the home depot parking lot, or right at the fairgrounds parking lot?  Did it get painted on setup day or Wed?  There must still be an Earl Scheib in Phoenix?   Good thing it's easy to strip.

Was the Austen real or a tube, and what was the number on that if anyone recalls?

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2023 at 11:38 PM, maxfaxdude said:

Actually, the tag said $32 K.  I took a pic (see it below).  Too much for a tube gun IMO.  But Owens do not come up very often in any form. 

20231201_164946.jpg

20231201_164955.jpg

Dose guy have a www site, not particularly thrilled on my Wilson Tube MP-40,  I am purchasing,  a tube Owen guy seems to peak my interest more.

9 hours ago, Georgedup said:

I recently came across a situation where I was unsure if a Reising pouch I was looking at was an original or a reproduction. The quality seemed good, but there were some subtle differences that made me question its authenticity.

WTF does this have to do with the Owen? You need to post your stuff in the relevant forums

• Like 1