Where to get Reising parts in Europe?

I would like to build a replica of M50 and M55 Reising using new manufactured parts, but US companies do not ship outside of USA. Does anyone know where to geit either original or repro Reising parts?

I don't need internal parts as my intention is to build moving, but non-firing replica.

You might be able to get some items from gun broker where the seller will ship to you from their living room,    And a forum member get the parts you need and re ship them to you.    I assume you can not have a real Reising :(

15 hours ago, fartsalot said:

You might be able to get some items from gun broker where the seller will ship to you from their living room,    And a forum member get the parts you need and re ship them to you.    I assume you can not have a real Reising :(

I will look into this option however I'm still concerned that the parcel could be stopped and both me and re-seller would be in legal trouble.

I'm from Czechia. I think there is a way because I know about one Reising in private hands. The owner got it from Iceland and it's post-war manufactured. The other one is in Army Museum Prague, early production. Anyway, I don't have a gun license and I just wanted to make a non-firing replica. 

14 hours ago, StrangeRanger said:

There's the whole business of compliance with ITAR which may prevent export of SMG parts from the US

That's what I was afraid of.

16 hours ago, StrangeRanger said:

There's the whole business of compliance with ITAR which may prevent export of SMG parts from the US

It is export of ANY parts.  A stock screw for a Remington 700 falls under ITAR and you must have a license that allows for export and all the associated paperwork with shipping one screw.  About the only way is to work with an exporter that frequently ships things and add a part to an export manifest they are already working on to a given country.  It's a lot of work and a lot of time and generally never happens because of that.  

5 hours ago, BORE said:

https://keystonearms.com/product-category/reising-smg/page/2/

There is dummy receiver and dummy Reising m50 advertised on his website. 

I saw them. But they don't ship internationally and even if they did, the price is out of my range.

• 3 weeks later...

Look up Folke Mervang. He's in Norway and has had Reising parts at times. I got a Reising barrel from him many years ago. Quite a nice person to deal with. If he doesn't have parts he might know others that do. I don't have any contact details for him. Others here might.

There is also a big parts warehouse in northwest Germany (I know, not much help) that has a lot of old machinegun parts. Google around on that one.

BTW can you send me a Czech ZK383? (joke)

Edited by skoda

When you seek free LEGAL advice on the internet you sometimes get what you pay for.

From fartsalot "You might be able to get some items from gun broker where the seller will ship to you from their living room,    And a forum member get the parts you need and re ship them to you. "

Unless the guy in his living room has State Dept approval and paperwork and the Forum member also both of them could face some SERIOUS issues with the Feds. 

International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Johnson lmg is correct. Any sort of part or weapon related accessory (with very few exceptions) can ONLY be exported by someone with appropriate USA State Department license.  The license fee starts at $2200 annual and goes up from there IIRC.

Yes, Canada is a foreign country too.

Regulations in other countries vary, but here in Good Old USA you need the Feds permission first and they want a cut of the action. FAFO.

When you seek free LEGAL advice on the internet you sometimes get what you pay for.

I am not a lawyer .