Trigger work and or breach polishing

My trigger takes a lot of pull and I could benefit from the lighter triger and has anyone benefitted from reshaping the ramp in the breach and trigger work.

The trigger work would give me better accuracy on the first shot or in semi mode, and with the breach issue I sometimes have the round not running up in the chamber.    Rather it will just get stuck going straight in rather than angle upward towards the chamber and going in.   My thinking is if I make more of a upward ramp for the round to follow.    

I would not do this myself I have a very good SOT gunsmith  do this work.   

The feed problem is probably a magazine or magwell height problem not anything to do with the breach.

The trigger pull is more likely an issue with either the trigger return spring or the sear spring than with the trigger itself

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StrangeRanger said:

The feed problem is probably a magazine or magwell height problem not anything to do with the breach.

The trigger pull is more likely an issue with either the trigger return spring or the sear spring than with the trigger itself

This. If you've never had feeding issues with it in the past and everything looks good in regards to your feedramp and chamber, then I would look harder at the mag/magwell. Very unlikely that it would be a chamber issue.

On 1/6/2024 at 9:09 PM, bandanabandit1 said:

This. If you've never had feeding issues with it in the past and everything looks good in regards to your feedramp and chamber, then I would look harder at the mag/magwell. Very unlikely that it would be a chamber issue.

Good advice I will check out the magwelld more closely  ...   When a round just goes straight in the feed ramp and fails to tilt up I just angle the mag upward and the round chambers or just slap the side of the gun.    I tried another magwell and there was no change.      

The springs are Wolf springs BTW

• Like 1

Are you using a 30 round magazine. Some 30 round magazines when fully loaded or overloaded make it difficult for the bolt to strip the first few rounds from the magazine.

I cut the trigger spring down to get a better trigger pull. I do not remember how much I removed. I bought two trigger springs and would cut a coil off of the first spring and try the trigger pull. I did this until trigger no longer functioned. I cut the second trigger spring a little longer than the first one was when it stopped working. No problems in over 1K rounds. Improved trigger some.