Original Lyman Thompson Sights

A parts kit would have been a good investment, even if you had no intention of building up a gun.

There were Thompson parts kits available at Knob Creek this spring for $900 (without the Lyman adjustable sight). I believe Numrich had them. This is the kind of thing you really need to pick out in person, though.

IMA has original Lyman Thompson sights for sale for the next 72 hours for $125.00 instead of the regular price of $250.00.

http://www.ima-usa.com/thompson-m1928a1-smg-lyman-adjustable-sight.html

Handpicked plus shipping brings it up to $147, to my zip code.

When I bought a kit from IMA two years ago, the Lyman sight was not quite up to the rest of the excellent kit. I asked if I could exchange it for another and pay for the hand pick and shipping both ways (even though I'd already paid for the handpicked kit). The woman told me that all of their Lyman sights were in the same condition, and they wouldn't exchange it.

Sarco had some as new sights, still in grease, -appeared to have never been on a gun, for $150.00 at Knob Creek last month. They also had some beaters in the same bin, for the same price.

I see now.

If you mean the first style of "L" fixed sight marked "Lyman" they are only a $20 part.

If you mean the second fixed style with rhe protective walls on each side of the peep, I'm not certain what the go for. Somebody else?

Edited by richard w.

Somebody else.... Bueller.... Bueller.... Anybody.....

I see now.

If you mean the first style of "L" fixed sight marked "Lyman" they are only a $20 part.

If you mean the second fixed style with rhe protective walls on each side of the peep, I'm not certain what the go for. Somebody else?

When I ordered my WH M1A1 back in '86 , I ordered a '28 rear sight to be installed.

This last redo , I had a winged fixed put on. Don't recall the price , but it had to be $50 or less . Any more and I'd have reused the '28 sight.

Chris