Thompson M1927a1

Here are some picture of my new Kahr. While inspecting it found a few things:

The forward grip mount is 3/4 inch now. Is that the same as a "real" one?

Finish isn't too hot, maybe PK can fix that some time.

Rear sight sucks, Lyman is on the way

Release button for the stock pops out. I will take it to a machine shop or a 'smith to have a pin or a nut put on it.

At least it works with mags and the drum is fixable too.

Mark Winkler

Picture linky below...........

[My Webpage

Troll--

The mount is 1/2" for the originals. That's is a big job to replace. You would have to remove barrel, which requires some skill to get it right. All the other problems are fixable. I think you'll have a nice shooting it when you get everything tweaked. The wood has pretty grain. Let us know how well it shoots.

That's actually pretty nice looking!!!

Is that Safety and Non-Crossbolt Butt factory?

I understand that they have the "more attractive" charging handle from the factory but have not seen that safety. Now... If they would just get rid of the M1 rear grip profile they would have an all around clean appearance. IMHO.

If it shoots.....Its a winner!

TC

The gun is all stock including the knob, butt stock and safety. I ordered a new horizontal foregrip thinking the "real" ones were 3/4, I didn't know they were smaller. I don't care about changing the mount, only getting the right hunk of walnut. Maybe I wil get a longer one from Dan Block.

It shoot well but low- I think it was me because the sight was blocking the aperture and screwing up my sight picture. The battle sight notch is missing on my sight I don't thing it was ever cut from when it was cast. The lyman will fix that.

No jams at all except for the last "cell" in the drum, then it started screwing up. Sticks are fine.

BTW- the old style third hand WILL NOT work in this gun, the mag rails are too tight. I think the machining had been cleaned up to. The mag rails are beveled and you can see the new style drum divots.

The new style is doesn't have the screw-driver like tip at the top end.

Anyone know what a PK re-finish runs these days?

Hey guys, I thought you would like to check out my album and see an original Colt 1927A. It was originally registered to the Camden, NJ police dept.

Rob

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x234/photonance/

Edited by photonance

QUOTE (photonance @ Jul 23 2007, 10:03 PM)
Hey guys, I thought you would like to check out my album and see an original Colt 1927A. It was originally registered to the Camden, NJ police dept.

Rob

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x234/photonance/

Rob

Nice Colt!

Does it still have the semi-auto parts or has it been convert back to full auto? It's not listed in Gordon's book, do you know any more of the history beyond that it was purchased by Camden, N. J. P.D.?

Looks good to me! Looks like Kahr is making attempts to build a nice gun.

You shoulda seen the 1st 2 A-O's I ever bought. One went back to the factory for a replacement, which was less as bad and so was sold NIB/unfired on the private market.

My 3rd A-O only has a poorly struck S/N, all else tolerable. But with none of the features yours has; authentic safety, small actuator, detachable butt.

Edited by nfafan

Kahr has made considerable improvements on the gun over the past couple of years.

Drum slot chamfers

CNC produced internals

Colt "style" cocking knob

MMI Colt "style" safety

Detachable buttstock on some models

Redesigned bolt and firing pin

Better Frame Reciever Fit

Better Wood

A few more to come...

I am very happy to say I have not had a gun returned for malfucntion in at least two years.

The new semi's are deffinately better guns.

Damon

Lancer,

I have spoken to Gordon, and he said that mine was one of three that the PD had, and Gordon only had serial numbers for two until I gave him the information on mine. He said this completes their inventory. It does have all original internals in the lower receiver, and original wood, unfortunately the drum is military surplus. The only reason mine doesn't have the compensator, is that it was cheaper for the PD to order them that way, but it does make it much more rare. That's about all I know on this gun, my dad purchased it in 1962. Would you belive it cost him $275.00 back then?

Rob

Looks real good. I just don't understand why in the world they make the bluing look so cheap. It's got that -mat- finish on it. It would look so much better if they put a deep shine to the metal before they blue it. Anyway, it seems Kahr has turn over a new leaf and actually ,dare I say, making quality stuff.

Hope it runs well for ya.

Also I just received the new SAFTY lever from Kahr. It looks real nice. Looks to me to be a investment casting. Not really machined much.

QUOTE (TommyGunner @ Jul 24 2007, 05:40 AM)
Kahr has made considerable improvements on the gun over the past couple of years.

Redesigned bolt and firing pin

is this a 3rd bolt/firing pin design? or just the second version that you speak of?